Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten??

I seem to have lost my appetite.

Pansies. Acorn mash (ick). Oleander flowers, when I was a little kid. Fortunately, they taste really, really bad.

I think calamari is great and it didn't occur to me to list it. I've had bear -- didn't much care for it. Frog legs are okay, but the idea is just too much.

My sister-in-law eats "brains and eggs." Eeewww.

Many people can't handle the thought that we eat eggs from our own hens. I gave some to a friend and said, "fresh from the hens' butts", to which she responded, "Thanks for that lovely image, Jenn".
big_smile.png

Oh yeah, cooked chicken feet!!!
sickbyc.gif
I've had those. Now that I've had chickens and know where they've been, I'll never eat them again (not that I more than nibbled at the foot).

I think sometimes it depends on what you think is weird.

My family eats carp all the time and loves it! But other people think it's nasty.
And we eat tofu a lot.
This is my favorite meal, that my mom makes, : cellophane noodles, dried black mushrooms, TVP (textured veg. protein), onions, and soy sauce.
It looks like octopus guts. Yum!

One hundred year old eggs - a delicacy in China. They cover them in tar, bury them for a month or so then dig them up and serve. The yolks are black and the whites turn green and everything is solid at that point. Tastes about like you might think.

Back
Top Bottom