What's the youngest chick you've had crow?

Bug ~ my bantam mottled Cochin roo started crowing at about 4 weeks. It was a cute squeaky crow. He is 8 weeks old and is getting better. He is still the only roo out of that hatch that is crowing.

P1100219cropped-1.jpg

Junie B Jones did her first crow THIS MORNING!!!! 4 Times in a row. She is an 8 week old EE. Do I have to start calling her HIM now?? I guess I'll find out which method of rooster raising works for raising unaggressive roosters. Junie is/was the sweetest chicken. I held her a lot. On advice from others I did not cuddle our known welsummer rooster at all.

I can't BELIEVE Junie crowed!!!! It actually sounded pretty good. I'm going to go out and see if she'll do it again!

Quote:
Look at that coloring - he is beautiful already!!!! Love the feet.

I had some mille cochin bantams that crowed at 4-5 weeks. It is really cute! Sounds kinda like someone squeegeed a window somewhere.
lol.png

My 5 week old BR crowed yesterday and this morning. Luckily I found a Salmon Fav to trade him for or I'd be looking for soup recipes.

Hi,had to look up this link, 1 of my 6 Orp chicks crowed last evening at 8 days old, so funny, I thought the cat had got in there!!! then watched as he put out his wings stretched his neck and made the funniest noise, Ive got 5 week olds in the garden now and none of them has started and 2 are roos!! I assume the 8 day old will be a roo as they still all look the same, but I think he and another who are slightly bigger and different build are probably going to be!

I have 4 chickes and dont know if they are cockreals or hens and i have been waiting for them to crow but they havent yet and they are around 15 weeks old dose that mean they are all female?

Back
Top Bottom