Whats this in one of my chickens poo?

If you want an organic dewormer that has no egg withdrawal times use:

Diatomaceous Earth (Perma Guard)

I just got some off of eBay for $25 plus shipping for a 50lb bag. You just mix it in with the food and it takes care of internal parasites. You can sprinkle it on the birds to get rid of external ones like mites.

Please treat them all. I promise he's not the only one with them. By the time you're seeing them in the poop you've got a pretty bad infestation. They're also shedding the eggs in the poop. Be sure to retreat as per the medicine directions of which you choose. That takes care of the ones that hatch after treatment as the initial treatment doesn't kill the eggs.

I'm going to re-iterate:

1. Treat all your chickens for roundworms & cocci immediately.
2. Treat for roundworms again in 30 days because roundworms have a long lifecycle, and this is required to get the eggs that will survive through the 1st treatment.
3. Do not eat the eggs during the withdrawal period.

Roundworm treatment does not kill the parasite. It paralyzes the worms and makes them release from the intestinal wall, then the birds expell the worms. Eggs will remain in the intestines, so you'll need to treat those after they've hatched & become worms but before they're old enough to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom