What's with the squirrels?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sourland, Jun 1, 2011.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Boyd, have you sent your minions to NJ? Young squirrels are venturing out and getting hit on the road. Today I saw 2 standing beside the road where their "brother" got hit yesterday. Either they were practicing for an insurance commercial or they were saying, "No, you go first." Yesterday I saw a red/buff phase gray squirrel (never saw one before) and today I saw a black phase gray squirrel. Has the squirrel become my totem? And why would that be? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Sooooooooooo does this mean you would like some more? mabe different colors and phases?
    Pm me your address and i will see if i can help ya out, the little boogers are trying to get my broodies eggs from the pump house.

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Ours never bother eggs- I often leave eggs in a basket outside by accident and they are never touched!

I feed my squirrels...I have a gazillion and pecan, walnut, oak, and fruit trees. Love the little boogers.

I do have one sans tail...apparently was blessed within an inch of his life during a road-crossing. He doesn't use the electrical wires for sky-bridges the way the others do as his balance is awful in comparison.

I'm guessing they just like you. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    " They just like me", as like attracts like? [​IMG]

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:they just sense there is something " nutty " about you [​IMG]

6. ndoles

ndoles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Mulberry, Florida
    I resque injured and/or orphaned squirrels. I just released two brothers. One of my females is pregnant, and due any time!
    I have lost count of how many that I have raised and released..But they all come everyday for handouts, and to give me kisses and use me as a tree..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by