whats wrong with baby chick

mommy4905

Hatching
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
ok the baby chick hatched out sunday between 12-2pm and could stand up a little bit and then would fall over and now he wont stand up at all. i dont want the little baby to die but i dont know what is wrong.

12297_100_2699.jpg

Is the chick kept at 90-95 degrees? First thing is warmth. The next thing is vitamins and electrolytes in the water. Drizzle along the beak line, only after the chick is at proper temp. Do not administer anything until the chick is warmed up. I really recommend that you PM dlhunicorn as soon as possible. She knows exactly what to do for this baby.

Durvet is a vitamin & electrolyte. Do you have any? I'm not sure of what to substitute. Once again, seek out dlhunicorn. She may not be online for awhile, but she is the authority. Good luck!
hugs.gif

I am no expert but I read that it can be harmful if a chick is on it's back for extended periods of time. Try to get it turned back over and have you noticed if it has had anything to eat or drink since it hatched? You could try to give it some water with a little sugar in it to help perk it up some. Just be careful not to get any water into it's nostrils as it is possible to drown it.

I hope your baby will be okay
sad.png

PS: I would post this in the emergencies forum. You may get a better idea on what to do there.

Last edited:
i was the one to flip it because i need a pic of its feet. does anyone know what is wrong with its feet

How is your chick doing?

When the chick is upright are it's legs spread farther apart than normal? Are it's toes curled inward or under?

Is it eating and drinking?

Back
Top Bottom