What's wrong with my chick?

Erintf

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 19, 2013
Lamont, Florida
Yesterday morning I found one of my week old chicks sitting by itself, not acting lively like the others. So I brought him in the house w/water & food. doesn't seam to eat or drink. It cried all day, forced electrolytes, didn't seam to want it. after a couple of hrs he seemed ok so I put him back with the others. Right now I am cuddling him, anything special I can give to help him?

Yesterday morning I found one of my week old chicks sitting by itself, not acting lively like the others. So I brought him in the house w/water & food. doesn't seam to eat or drink. It cried all day, forced electrolytes, didn't seam to want it. after a couple of hrs he seemed ok so I put him back with the others. Right now I am cuddling him, anything special I can give to help him?
Is he eating now? Keep up with the electrolytes. You might want to try adding some Nutri-drench, or others have mentioned Poly-visol without Iron. It might be a good idea to get some pro-biotics into him. Since she can't tell you what is wrong, all you can do is guess, and provide the best of everything you have to offer. You might want to make a gruel out of the starter feed. that might be more enticing.

Is he eating now? Keep up with the electrolytes. You might want to try adding some Nutri-drench, or others have mentioned Poly-visol without Iron. It might be a good idea to get some pro-biotics into him. Since she can't tell you what is wrong, all you can do is guess, and provide the best of everything you have to offer. You might want to make a gruel out of the starter feed. that might be more enticing.
Check her vent. Is it caked with feces? If so, that might be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom