what's wrong with my hen???

it has been quite an experience, back then I was scared the cats get the chicks!
here is a bad photo of them last year!View attachment 1163921

Lovely hen and chicks! Your Avatar is beautiful too, is he one of those babies?

Also, to tag a member so they will get an alert just type the '@' sign before the user name with no spaces.... @growlingrooster .
:frow

Lovely hen and chicks! Your Avatar is beautiful too, is he one of those babies?

Also, to tag a member so they will get an alert just type the '@' sign before the user name with no spaces.... @growlingrooster .
:frow

oh oops my bad! I thought it automatically tagged since it created a link...the more I know! I'll fix it right away!

Yes! the rooster on my picture is the chick with the white top of the head :)

I would seperase her! I had one hen who died, when all day she had looked perfectly normal, then we found her around 6 right by the entrance to the coop dead, and she had literally just died no more than t minutes before.. I hope yours gets better! It might be respitory illness?

it might be, for now she is in a cage, I give her sulmet and hope for the best

little update!

So I have her in a cage since my last message, she drinks and eat, she also poop but havent laid an egg, I'm wondering if it might be because she has quite a few feathers growing back ?
Beside that she doesnt seem much more active but she doesnt have much space to walk around in there. I put a branch for her to perch on but beside that she cant walk around much (it's mostly to avoid her trying to sleep on her food or water containers ).

She has sulmet in her water it's pretty much the only medication I have on had and I'm not sure if it's alright since I'm not noticing if she's getting better or worst... It's also a little frustrating because if I need to get another medication I will have to buy online which might take 2-3 weeks to come over....and also cost a bunch....

Should I keep going like this ? should I take her out ? try something else ?

Honestly, I’m wondering if she just doesn’t feel well because of her molt. I’m newish to chickens and am only seeing the third momt yet, but tbey get pretty reclusive and slow moving. Very obvious they feel yucky. Mine dropped weight, too. Didn’t eat much, not to mention their littke bodies workingvso hard to grow new feathers.

Honestly, I’m wondering if she just doesn’t feel well because of her molt. I’m newish to chickens and am only seeing the third momt yet, but tbey get pretty reclusive and slow moving. Very obvious they feel yucky. Mine dropped weight, too. Didn’t eat much, not to mention their littke bodies workingvso hard to grow new feathers.

I think you might be right!
Yesterday she seemed like she wanted to get out of her cage instead of being passive as she has been lately so I let her out and she went back with her family, today she's out again without me forcing her out or anything, she seems to be better! her feathers are growing back well, like a pro, she didn't get her weight back yet but I'm sure she will soon, I'll make sure to spoil her a little :)

Back
Top Bottom