Whats Wrong With My Moose

My aunt had a small dog and the vet told her not to let her jump down off things that were high up to her like the bed, couch, your lap, etc. It is hard on the joints and jars them. Just my 2 cents.

My old Bloodhound used to do this. As far as can remember it was always while she was asleep though. It's scary to experience, one minute they are perfectly calm and the next they are running around yelping. We always put it down to being a nightmare, but with yours I just don't know. Could it be something neurological?

Does he swallow pieces of anything? Some dogs chew up things but don't swallow them.
Others do- we had a Bull Terrier once that ate rocks! Any lose stools?

Try expressing his picky glands. Sometimes the glands get plugged. It has made my dogs act like they are dying, sometimes.
hmm.png

I hope he's ok. If your vet is anything like mine, you could call them and ask about it, without having them see him. (my horse vet has walked me through a colic that I caught early on, and we spoke back and forth on the phone during a very long night).

But definitely address it the next time he goes in for a check-up or if it happens again.

I had a Schi tzu and a dachshund that did this. Both of them had seizures. It sounds exactly like what they did. They had put both of them on seizure meds and they did fine and were off the meds within a year. My daughter in law just had a cat do the same thing, and again, he had seizures and was put on medication. So thats my guess

Quote:
Many people pick them up in such a way that their chest is supported, but their hips and legs just sort of dangle. This is what leads to many back problems. The correct way to hold a small, long backed dog is to make sure that his hips and pelvis are just as supported as his chest. I put my hand in between my chihuahuas front legs, and support the rest of his body with my arm. This way his back remains neutral.

Back
Top Bottom