What's Wrong With My Muscovy?

Birdsandnerds

Chirping
Aug 11, 2019
West Richland, WA
So I hope this is the appropriate area to ask for help. I wasn't quite sure. So sorry ahead of time if I posted in the wrong place.

Anyways, I got some Muscovies ducklings about two months ago from a farm that I wasnt to sure about. My biggest issue with the farm was they didnt provide any of thier waterfowl water to bath in. But like a dumb dumb I bought them anyways. When I brought them home the appeared to be healthy. Then about a month ago one started having leg tremors, weakness, and inability to keep up with the rest of hr flock. I thought this might be do to a niacin deficiency so I started adding brewer's yeast in to their food and niacin plus electrolytes to they're drinking/pool water.

Despite my efforts she continued to get worse additional symptoms such as continuous diarrhea and wry neck (I think) followed. So I took her to a veterinarian where they ran some tests nd took some X-rays. Everything came back negative. We did start her on an antibiotic but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm not getting any answers. What is going on with my Muscovy? Could it be botulism? could it still be a niacin deficiency? None of my other waterfowl or chickens are getting sick.

Here is a link to a video of some of the symptoms I was able to record.

Before you give up why not try some BComplex liquid. Only saying because if it’s a niacin issue it seems to help them better than brewers yeast. It’s faster acting and has all the bs in it. TSC has the best one in the cattle dept it will say injectable but just peel off the foil and use a dropper to get out 2ml. Is she eating and drinking good? Does she like treats?its best to give this over a treat instead of in water so she’ll get the full dose. What her body doesn’t need she’ll just pee out. If this is a deficiency we have see some great results using this b complex liquid. Beautiful birds & dog!

Before you give up why not try some BComplex liquid. Only saying because if it’s a niacin issue it seems to help them better than brewers yeast. It’s faster acting and has all the bs in it. TSC has the best one in the cattle dept it will say injectable but just peel off the foil and use a dropper to get out 2ml. Is she eating and drinking good? Does she like treats?its best to give this over a treat instead of in water so she’ll get the full dose. What her body doesn’t need she’ll just pee out. If this is a deficiency we have see some great results using this b complex liquid. Beautiful birds & dog!
Yes she is eating. Less and less tho cause all she wants to do is lay in the shade until her flock gets to far away. I do give them peas and a niacin supplement that i tube feed her

And ty! They are pretty beautiful. I enjoy them all immensely!

Right. The bill tilting on the ground worries me too. I noticed the other feather babies do not sleep this way.

Back
Top Bottom