What's wrong with my RIR's legs????

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss.
sad.png
Take comfort in that she will never feel any pain ever again. You did all you could.

So sorry for your loss but neuro issues are extremely difficult to control. And honestly from what I've read when their legs do that off to the side it is a symptom of Marek's. Not that that is necessarily a huge alarm; but watch the rest of your flock carefully for a while.

I am sorry for your loss, but we do what we can to take the best care of our charges in life and then when it is time to end their pain and suffering, we need to do know to let them go.
It is never pleasant to go through that and many of us here know that.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I agree. Marek's can have all kinds of symptoms, their legs do not have to be one forward on back. There are the classical symptoms that everyone can spot. Then there are all the symptoms that are harder to spot. It depends on what the virus is targeting at that time. There are so many variations of symptoms with Marek's and different ages, and how quick they get sick, etc. that aside from thinking it's a possibility, you have to have a good flock history. Like, new chickens in the last few months? Chickens that you got that were not vaccinated day olds or incubated eggs? The only real diagnosis is made with a necropsy. There are no other tests for it.

So, just watch the rest of your flock. If they are a year or older, they may already have some resistance if they've been exposed to Marek's.

ILOVELEGHORNS on post #27 makes some good points on her post.

Back
Top Bottom