what's wrong with Rasberry?

By the look of her face, she looks a little anemic. My guess would be worms. You said you just wormed them? Wait a bit to see if it helps, if not I'd try the Ivomectrian, it kills a lot of pests. Worm again in 7 days. Also check around her vent area for mites or for lice eggs clung to her feather shafts. Often when i bird gets weak these pest seek them out and pull them down faster since they are not as effective at grooming etc. when ill.

Last edited:
If she has just started laying I would say either egg bound or maybe (I forget the name) but its where the egg didn't fully form and the yolk is inside of her causing infection. Does she have a odor about her? What does her vent look like? A prolapsed rectum wouldn't cause the anemia but but a yolk inside of her would. Put on a glove and do a little exploring..............

Your feed stores should carry it, all of the ones where I live do, including TSC. It is used to worm horses and cattle and many people use it off label for goats and chickens. There is a ton of information on BYC for dosage. There is pour on and injectable and paste. And there are different dosage amounts for each kind.

I haven't wormed yet so I can't help you with the dosage. I only know what to use. Just check BYC for information.

Back
Top Bottom