What's wrong with their feathers?

I vaccinated my kids too, ;) they never got polio because of it. I just think vaccinating strong birds " "prevents" them becoming weak or sick. I vaccinate my whole flock of over 200 birds not just the fluffies. All my fluffies ARE strong...I got them from Kim so they are great of course, just want to keep them that way is all. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as they say.

Mine are babies. Well most of them, the poor Roos are so ready and no girls are..lol poor boys.

Seems a lot of vaccines need to be done at 1 day of age. Nothing you got from me could have had a vaccine like that... That ounce of prevention can be what takes them all down too and I am not referring to just vaccines... Boy doing this on the phone makes it hard to get it right sometimes...

Last edited:
Most of mine are and some are not old enough yet. Need to get them all into the groups I want to hatch from in the Spring... Nothing against anyone that does vaccinate but it needs to be done at the right times & the right things vaccinated for... But I don't & won't be vaccinating mine... I have yet to end up with a problem in about 5 years I guess of having chickens...
Kim are yours laying? I got a couple eggs then nothing now. Their coop is almost done, hopefully they will start laying again. I also don't vaccinate, or medicate. Only the strongest will live on my property and weak birds will be give extra vitamins and given a place to rest, if they don't seem better in 2 weeks I cull. In my eyes weak birds don't reproduce well.

Seems a lot of vaccines need to he done at 1 day of age do nothing you got from me could have had a vaccine like that... That ounce of prevention can be what takes them all down too and I am not referring to just vaccines...

Ewwww hope I don't do that! Yikes. I'm definitely trying to prevent stuff, like my neighbor had fowl pox, his flock was nearly decimated! That is caused not by management of any sort. But by mosquitoes! No way did I want any part of that crap. Vaccination just seemed smart to me. :confused: I talked my other neighbor into vaccinations too!

What about worming does anyone do that? I have never found DE to be something that works for anything other than a dust bath...maybe parasites..dunno I don't gave many. But I try to prevent.

Ewwww hope I don't do that! Yikes. I'm definitely trying to prevent stuff, like my neighbor had fowl pox, his flock was nearly decimated! That is caused not by management of any sort. But by mosquitoes! No way did I want any part of that crap. Vaccination just seemed smart to me.
hu.gif
I talked my other neighbor into vaccinations too!

What about worming does anyone do that? I have never found DE to be something that works for anything other than a dust bath...maybe parasites..dunno I don't gave many. But I try to prevent.

I use the same regime! First I omen in the summer....I will worm each bird as they leave to go to new homes for the new owners but I don't need to any other time like you. Then Wazine again a few weeks later.....we rarely have any lice/ mites....if we have anything it is mites on a roo...normally. The Adams makes them go away....with 200 birds I occasionally miss the little buggers on a roo...I have a practice of grinding spurs down so they don't hurt hens. Or cut them winkle I have them I " DO" everything's needed.

I use the same regime! First I omen in the summer....I will worm each bird as they leave to go to new homes for the new owners but I don't need to any other time like you. Then Wazine again a few weeks later.....we rarely have any lice/ mites....if we have anything it is mites on a roo...normally. The Adams makes them go away....with 200 birds I occasionally miss the little buggers on a roo...I have a practice of grinding spurs down so they don't hurt hens. Or cut them winkle I have them I " DO" everything's needed.

Back
Top Bottom