What's wrong with their feathers?

So be we will now just say Silked Ameraucana. I don't plan on dropping out. I love colored eggs and this is a bonus. I have some Black Smooth feathered from Pips and Peeps I plan on breeding with them. None of mine are showing signs of health issues and are fat and sassy. I love the black one and the blue cockerel is gorgeous, I would love to show this at our National show in November. I wonder if it can be listed under some special variety?

I "Think" that a frizzled variety that is a standard color can be shown but silkied is not in that category would not be showable, even AOV.
If someone knows better, I'd like to hear how it can be done. In Araucana's, a silkied type cannot be shown in any way. It will be considered a mixed breed unless I get them going and name them something other than a Silkied Araucana.

I also bought some Americans and two of them look odd. I would say they are roosters? They have fur on feet also. I'm new to chickens. Any advice would be great.

I also bought some Americans and two of them look odd. I would say they are roosters? They have fur on feet also. I'm new to chickens. Any advice would be great.

These "Americans" were these sold to you as pure ameraucanas? I see no cheeks..( muffs) no beards and ameraucanas have No feathered feet unless outcrossed. :/

We bought them as eggs. Then we slipped them under our girl and they hatched ten out of twelve. Not bad. Up till now we only had two girls. We bought them at a farm display for 2.00. Do u think they are girls? Thanks Erika

Simply mixed breeds. There is no breed called a sizzle or frizzle. Those are feather types and there are several breeds that are known to have frizzled types. If they lay green or blue eggs, they are most likely mixed breeds that are easter egger crosses, which are a mixed breed themselves but these wouldn't even qualify as an easter egger if they did lay colored eggs.

Pics on level with the bird from the side typically then maybe head on ideally as hot of north southeast and west is best to determine sex, again she already said there are threads where they are really good at sexing! Lol

Back
Top Bottom