What's wrong with their feathers?

I think they are mixed with silkies or frizzles. (yes I know frizzles are not a breed just what they call them) some trying a designer breed with AM's
sad.png

I think the problem with people being sold some Silkied AMs is because there are people who are trying to get the Silkied AMs by cross breeding and selling them under that name. I know for sure they wouldn't sell pure Silked AMs for $2.00 an egg. I sure haven't paid that.

So I have 6 chicks growing out. Pretty sure my darker blue is a roo, but not positive yet. Well see. I have some off colored ones too. Not sure what to do about that. Luckily I have regular AMs as well, so maybe next year I'll have better luck, but seeing 2 out of 6 that have the silkied feathers make me happy. Took forever for me to actually see some. I had a really bad bad year with incubator hatches. I finally got these 6 using a broody. Now I need to get enough eggs to keep doing it. I have a nice black AM pullet growing out, so she will probably go into this project. I'd like a nice little flock of all blacks. You just can't seem to have enough of those if you want to eventually work with other colors.

Last edited:
I have the silliest thing...I have a blue silkied roo in a pen with several am hens to make splits..well I HAD to put my sweet little production red girl in this pen she loves the roo and since she was cruelly debeaked a he cannot defend herself against my " mean girl" laying flock...sigh...SO
I have all these pretty, large, non-pullet, split eggs from her... It brings in red which NONE of us want. However I hate to waste the genetics..I cannot use this... She-follows me everywhere is as sweet as can be and was rescued from a slaughter house. They debeaked her so badly it is almost to her sinuses and this pen was the only pen that doesn't pick on her....if anyone can use these eggs I will send them for 25.00 shipping is included. That isn't even ten dollars for them and less than a dollar an egg I have 13 eggs she has a couple of times laid twice in one day...so I would say most eggs are less than 10 days old. I only have this one hen like this,means some of the eggs are over a week old. They just are, that's why I'm not listing these on an auction. Still don't wanna waste them...first one posting sold gets them . I'm sure there is a. Project that needs these...:D

If you haven't had any takers chick-among-us, I'll buy them from you. Maybe I can get a red line going just as a for-fun secondary project :)

I think I'm going to work towards black on my breeding pens since they are gorgeous and that could benefit the color projects once the flock turnover makes it to full blacks from blue/black/splash it is now. Re-working what my plans are for pulling in good quality stock to cross to now that I have a bit of extra funding to do it with again. Any recommendations for black lines?

Back
Top Bottom