What's wrong with their feathers?

If you haven't had any takers chick-among-us, I'll buy them from you. Maybe I can get a red line going just as a for-fun secondary project :)

I think I'm going to work towards black on my breeding pens since they are gorgeous and that could benefit the color projects once the flock turnover makes it to full blacks from blue/black/splash it is now. Re-working what my plans are for pulling in good quality stock to cross to now that I have a bit of extra funding to do it with again. Any recommendations for black lines?

Sure! Catkai! She has the best blacks around! We are going to build our blacks for all the color projects as well!! While working in lav as well. But mine are still young uns! Pm me to arrange for shipping!

Sure! Catkai! She has the best blacks around! We are going to build our blacks for all the color projects as well!! While working in lav as well. But mine are still young uns! Pm me to arrange for shipping!

My flock is hatched out from some lovely birds from CatKai, she does have amazing birds :) The rooster is great and his ladies are sweet as pie!

I was looking at the ABC directory and saw there's a breeder 2 hours south of me that raises blacks -- thinking of sending them an email to see what they might have available or to get on a list for next year if possible.

Sending you a PM now about the shipping!

I read this whole thread from page one.
th.gif
Wow, what a journey. I have so much respect for all you guys.

chick-among-us I am looking forward to my first birds. Thank you so much for the offer. I think it will be a fun day trip.

KatKai I hope to still get some from you in the spring when you are ready. It is really amazing that with so many losses in all of this, that you have not lost any. Super job!

Anywho, after reading all of this I feel like one of the gang already and I am super excited about having these beauties grace my home.

I read this whole thread from page one.
th.gif
Wow, what a journey. I have so much respect for all you guys.

chick-among-us I am looking forward to my first birds. Thank you so much for the offer. I think it will be a fun day trip.

KatKai I hope to still get some from you in the spring when you are ready. It is really amazing that with so many losses in all of this, that you have not lost any. Super job!

Anywho, after reading all of this I feel like one of the gang already and I am super excited about having these beauties grace my home.

Welcome aboard! :)

My flock is hatched out from some lovely birds from CatKai, she does have amazing birds :) The rooster is great and his ladies are sweet as pie!

I was looking at the ABC directory and saw there's a breeder 2 hours south of me that raises blacks -- thinking of sending them an email to see what they might have available or to get on a list for next year if possible.

Sending you a PM now about the shipping!

Do you mean silkied black ams? Or just black ams?

I read this whole thread from page one.:th  Wow, what a journey. I have so much respect for all you guys.

chick-among-us    I am looking forward to my first birds. Thank you so much for the offer. I think it will be a  fun day trip.

KatKai   I hope to still get some from you in the spring when you are ready. It is really amazing that with so many losses in all of this, that you have not lost any. Super job!

Well I'm excited too...:D

I must be fair in saying I think part of the problem with our journey through this whole process is to be sure mostly poor management ( although we didn't know it) from managing how we housed the animals themselves..to management of illness or injury!

I like to think we have it figured out, hahahaha time will tell. We vaccinate,we worm,we check for mites and other parasites...and treat! So far so good! AND TOOK A PAGE OUT OF KIMS BOOK! We don't treat them any different than our other birds anymore...we do a lot of things different than we used to, but that is due to our climate and area we live!

If you haven't had any takers chick-among-us, I'll buy them from you. Maybe I can get a red line going just as a for-fun secondary project :)

I think I'm going to work towards black on my breeding pens since they are gorgeous and that could benefit the color projects once the flock turnover makes it to full blacks from blue/black/splash it is now. Re-working what my plans are for pulling in good quality stock to cross to now that I have a bit of extra funding to do it with again. Any recommendations for black lines?

If you are talking straight black Ams Dak has fabulous straight Smith lines. A number of us were trying to bring them into our choc projects but had cruddy luck with hatching them. Those pens busted up now and done til next season so have to try again then. So Smith lines has my vote!

Great, I'll keep that in mind about the Smith lines :)

I got my first egg off one of the pullets I hatched, I suspect it was my blue split pullet from ChooksChick since those chicks are my oldest hatched chicks. A bit green tinged, but a good start to know someone new is laying!

Well I'm excited too...
big_smile.png

I must be fair in saying I think part of the problem with our journey through this whole process is to be sure mostly poor management ( although we didn't know it) from managing how we housed the animals themselves..to management of illness or injury!

I like to think we have it figured out, hahahaha time will tell. We vaccinate,we worm,we check for mites and other parasites...and treat! So far so good! AND TOOK A PAGE OUT OF KIMS BOOK! We don't treat them any different than our other birds anymore...we do a lot of things different than we used to, but that is due to our climate and area we live!

Kim are yours laying? I got a couple eggs then nothing now. Their coop is almost done, hopefully they will start laying again. I also don't vaccinate, or medicate. Only the strongest will live on my property and weak birds will be give extra vitamins and given a place to rest, if they don't seem better in 2 weeks I cull. In my eyes weak birds don't reproduce well.

Back
Top Bottom