What's wrong with their feathers?

I just put mine together in a breeding coop. Blue Silkied AM over a blue and black Silkied Am. However I do have one smooth feathered black AM in the pen so the girls don't get too over bred. I will be hatching the first to check fertility. After that I will do some auctions

Thanks we love them
love.gif
snd
welcome-byc.gif

I have 1 houdan hen that was fathered by a silky and her neck feathers are weird looking ,will they

change???

Out of the handful of chicks I got last year I have now lost every one that was Silkied. Lost my blue cockerel this week. I do have some splits, but I sure loved those fluffy feathers. Just means I have to hatch out even more this year.

Haven't been on for a couple of months, so I'll have to catch up (or not) with all the posts. Hope you all had a great holiday.

umm...I used to have Lavender 'Araucanas'.
I'm here in Aus and when I first started chickening I got these 2 "purebred" Ara's. I believe they are pure but now I aint sure?!?!

Anyway, here are some pictures.

They have the silkie like feathering.

Out of the handful of chicks I got last year I have now lost every one that was Silkied. Lost my blue cockerel this week. I do have some splits, but I sure loved those fluffy feathers. Just means I have to hatch out even more this year.  

Haven't been on for a couple of months, so I'll have to catch up (or not) with all the posts. Hope you all had a great holiday.

How old were they when they died. I have a trio and an extra roo that are beautiful and strong. My hen even survived a dog attack. I have my trio in with 2 new smooth feathered black AM's

Back
Top Bottom