What's wrong with their feathers?

Oooooh! Those are amazing!

I don't have a brooder but would love to have some of these! H'mmmm..... has anyone from New England bought eggs from you?
wink.png

My Partner's sister lives in Nagadoches. I wonder if I could suggest we visit her this year, (she says she's been wanting to...), then suggect a side trip.
tongue.png
How far from Nagadoches are you?

Hi Everyone! I hatched four more chicks a few weeks ago. They are feathering out beautifully. I'll post some pictures of the chicks when I get home this afternoon.

kathyinmo is now officially the first person to successfully hatch some of my eggs! I have sent eggs to another person, but theirs didn't hatch. I have sent to a few others, but still waiting to hear of their successful hatches soon.

Congratulations Kathy!

I have ordered a batch of show quality Blue/Black Ameraucanas chicks to be delivered in early March, and I am working on a new LARGER chicken barn to house them all. I am planning to put the original rooster, Ozzie, in with the Blue/Black Ameraucanas when they are grown. It will take a while to get the next generation going, but still working on it.

Julie

OOOOH!!! AAAAAAAAAH!!! Me wants some silkie/EE/whatever they are!!! GORGEOUS!!!! OBSESS!!!OBSESSS!!!OBSESSS!!!
gig.gif

Quote:
I have been watching this thread and have been wondering if this Silkie type comb has cropped up in any more of the next generation's Roosters. I like everyone else, want to believe this is a true mutation, but are there any other Silky Characteristics showing up? They are very nice birds regardless.

So the resulting F1 chicks came out completely silkie feathered? Without any smooth birds? I thought that wasn't possible, because of the recessive trait?

This is an odd thread. I'll be sure to subscribe. Does anybody else have pictures of stock from these birds?

Last edited by a moderator:
All chicks that have hatched from this pair, have resulted in 100% silkie feathered splash colored chicks.

Rooster #2 has the larger comb. But that's the only other rooster I have to compare. I have we'll have to watch these chicks that are hatching for that trait.

Back
Top Bottom