What's wrong with their feathers?

flyingmonkeypoop :

Who's flock are they from?

Quote:
No - these birds are not from Pips&Peeps. The Eggbid seller does have birds from Jean but the ones that came out silkied are from someone else. An update of sorts - I have not heard from Pat in TX after a few emails. I'm still trying to track her down.
hmm.png

alicefelldown on 01/31/2010 2:54 pm :

If Anissa did not mix her breeders, than these silike-feathered ameras came from neither Pips&Peeps or Iwans - and we're back to square one in trying to determine where the accidental cross happened, if it did.
Jubaby on 10/23/2008 6:28 am :

Good morning! I got another reply from the eggbid breeder. I asked her for some more info on her breeding stock and here's what she says:

Hi, my Black, Blue, and Splash pen of my breeders came from eggbid, I purchased the eggs about a year ago, the user name was Peeps, or something like that on eggbid. Then my Blue/Splash pen, my breeders came from a lady named Pat, she is here locally in Josephine, TX. I purchased the eggs/chicks from her about 3 years ago. I've had these breeders for a long time, like I said before, "I have never seen or heard of any of them having feathers like that."

"Peeps" would be the eggs from jean (pips&peeps). The eggs I bought in the auction were listed as Blue/Splash which came from the other lady named Pat. So if anyone is planning on bidding on her eggs in hopes of getting the silkie ones, you would need to make sure they are the Blue/Splash not Blue/Black/Splash.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my gosh! Me too!! If you or anyone has any of these sweethearts ready by late spring sign me up!! I cherish my barred rock Henrietta with a love that defies logic (in DH's opinion)
but never in my life have I seen any animal that was just so irresistible to me the way these babies are!! Is chicken worship from afar a venial sin or a mortal one ya reckon?
wink.png
big_smile.png

did some searching and these are over seas also. I found some at backyard poultry forums. They were saying theirs just popped up also with no silkies bred into them.

Just because they dont have feathered legs doesnt mean its not a silkie cross. I dont know much about genetics but it may have just gotten the clean leg genes. Were did you get those eggs.

They are both beautiful and they remind me of what I would pcture a prehistoric bird looks like. They used to have those walking with dinosaurs on discovery and they look like an early bird, but very cool...I hope he is able to start a whole new breed. Woulkd love to see them in person

Quote:
As of now, Jubaby, the OP is the only person who has these chickens laying. I'm sure she has a waiting list for eggs that you could possibly get on.

Great, thank you! I sent a pm

She is VERY NICE and has been so gracious to share her eggs with other breeder/fanciers. THANK YOU so much Jubaby. I have a PIP! Fully half of the eggs you sent me developed all the way to lockdown. Two look quiet, no movement, but FOUR of them were moving normally the other day. They are setting pretty in a hatcher with humidity at 60%, 100 f I ain't TOUCHING the handle temp control thingy. Close enough for me... THANK YOU!!!!
love.gif

Quote:
I believe Julie said she would put some more up for auction. Maybe you could watch for them on the auction threads.

onthespot ...
woot.gif
Hooray for you! They've made it this far, and if you see a pip, you're near the finish line! Yippeeeee!!!!! What a fun adventure this is gonna be!

Best of luck to you!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Back
Top Bottom