What's wrong with their feathers?

+1
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the support, everyone! I am still interested in people willing to help with the breeding project to work toward crossing with quality ameraucanas for more colors.

I have the three young pullets, 3 months old, which I will breed back to Ozzie when they are ready to lay. That would be a grandfather/grandaughter match-up instead of brother/sister which I have now. Maybe that will work better, but is still a couple of months off. And my 14 blue/black amer. chicks are all doing well. They will not be ready to breed until fall/winter.

So we are moving along, slowly.

And I'm still going to continue to hatch my own eggs, giving anyone within a reasonable driving distance, and chance to get pairs or trios later this year.

Last edited:
So I have been lurking on BYC for a while and finally joined last week. This by far is one of the most interesting threads I have read. I am fascinated, and cant wait to see what happens to these beautiful chickens. They are some of the coolest looking birds I have seen. I am getting my first chickens next week( and cant wait) so would never dream of participating in this project, but it is so cool seeing the positive interaction and excitement of everyone following. The discussion of the genetics is very informative, and has really helped me understand chicken breeding. What a wonderful community!!!!

Back
Top Bottom