What's wrong with their feathers?

Quote:
WOOOOHOOOOOO ! ! ! Congratulations! Update us, please ....

I have some in the incubator, and am getting very excited!

ya.gif
Congrats to you both
celebrate.gif

Thanks for all the condolences everyone.

Ok, update. My 2nd SFA x Ameraucana egg hatched! None of the pure SFA eggs have hatched, but I'll leave them another day before I give up.

Well I have lost two of my Silkied Ameraucana over my vacation due to predators. I have two left. I need help with guessing if this is a roo or pullet.

I am pretty sure one is a pullet, it's face and comb aren't as red (however it could just be more behind) but it would be nice if this was a roo. Please give me your best guess.

33539_dscn7531.jpg

33539_dscn7558.jpg

They are 21 weeks today

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys how are everyones birds doin? Everyone laying? I gave up on the used incubator I bought (I think it needs a new heating coil, BAH!) and decided to make one. I'm hoping it will be done within the next week or so. You guys think the second week of July (like maybe the 10th) would be too hot to ship some eggs? I REALLY want to get ahold of some of these guys for the state fair in January but if it will be too hot I'll just suck it up and wait. Oh and let me know whos got eggs to sell! I am just DYING to get these beauties out there!

Well, I didn't get any Silkie-feathered birds out of my hatch...they all quit before fully developing. I did, however, get the 2 that are crossed to regular Ameraucanas. Figners crossed I have a pair!

Back
Top Bottom