What's wrong with their feathers?

Thanks Kathy, yup I just might have to wait.
smile.png

Oh sorry Genny!
sad.png

I have been hatching chicks this summer and might have some roosters for sale this fall. Right now it's just too hot to ship chickens.

Quote:
same here
sad.png
mine didnt' even pip
hmm.png
3 of mine were fully developed and never even pipped the air cell
idunno.gif

ACK! Sorry to hear about your luck. It's sad to see them get so close. Out of two rounds, I just have the one chick.

I'm so happy that I got the one chick, but still upset that I wasn't able to save the others.

I have a gut feeling that mine is a boy. I think I see the three ridges of "peas" on the pea comb that often indicate boys. If he's a he, and my plans to keep him in the city don't work out, I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding him a new home!

Regardless, he's super healthy and happy and growing quickly!

I think I have spent around 10 hours reading all 91 pages.

And I just wanted to say how wonderfull you all are for working together to establish this new type. Congrats on all the healthy babies, and Im so sorry for all the losses along the way. Hopefully with out crossing, the eggs will be hardier, and the chicks will thrive. Best wishes to you all in your journey!

Would love to have some of these and help out. I just dont think that even putting my name on the list for eggs would be a wise move for me at this time. So for now I will leave it to you all. Good luck!

Good news - one of my eggs from the SFA x Ameraucana cross hatched!! I have 1 more of those eggs and 3 of the plain SFA eggs still in the hatcher. They're not due until tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1 or 2 more!

Back
Top Bottom