1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's wrong with their feathers?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jubaby, Oct 20, 2008.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Genny,
    I am so sorry about that. We will keep working on them. Maybe you could hatch out some of the next generation, as they hatch easier and without help.

2. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Thanks Kathy, yup I just might have to wait. [​IMG]

4. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Oh sorry Genny! [​IMG]

I have been hatching chicks this summer and might have some roosters for sale this fall. Right now it's just too hot to ship chickens.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:same here [​IMG] mine didnt' even pip [​IMG] 3 of mine were fully developed and never even pipped the air cell [​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'm sorry for both of you. [​IMG]

7. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    ACK! Sorry to hear about your luck. It's sad to see them get so close. Out of two rounds, I just have the one chick.

I'm so happy that I got the one chick, but still upset that I wasn't able to save the others.

I have a gut feeling that mine is a boy. I think I see the three ridges of "peas" on the pea comb that often indicate boys. If he's a he, and my plans to keep him in the city don't work out, I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding him a new home!

Regardless, he's super healthy and happy and growing quickly!

8. cheryl98117

cheryl98117 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Indianola Washington
    I think I have spent around 10 hours reading all 91 pages.

And I just wanted to say how wonderfull you all are for working together to establish this new type. Congrats on all the healthy babies, and Im so sorry for all the losses along the way. Hopefully with out crossing, the eggs will be hardier, and the chicks will thrive. Best wishes to you all in your journey!

Would love to have some of these and help out. I just dont think that even putting my name on the list for eggs would be a wise move for me at this time. So for now I will leave it to you all. Good luck!

9. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Good news - one of my eggs from the SFA x Ameraucana cross hatched!! I have 1 more of those eggs and 3 of the plain SFA eggs still in the hatcher. They're not due until tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1 or 2 more!

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Congrats! [​IMG] for more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by