What's wrong with their feathers?

wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

SOOOOOOOOO glad that your chick is doing good!!!
thumbsup.gif

I have some of these eggs that are on day 7. I candled them today and it looks like 3 of the Silkied Ameraucanas have nice veining, as well as 2 that are Silkied outcrossed with regular. The air cells are wobbly, but I imagine some of that is from the PO handling. Fingers crossed those 5 make it to hatch time!

fl.gif
for those hatching.

Quote:
woot.gif
Hope your wish is granted. If you need any help or ideas about rooster keeping in the city just ask. You might be surprised at how many of us do it.
lol.png

So happy you finally got a chick, Bailey! Hope it is still doing good this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of those still hatching!

The hens have stopped laying again. We had some torrential rains the last couple of weeks and I've also been seeing alot of feathers in the pen. Since we've never had an official molt, I'm thinking that maybe it's time. I can't ever seem to get them on a laying roll.

I do have quite a few of the 1st gens in the incubator, so I'll be focusing on those for a while.

Thanks Julie! Still alive and well this morning.

I'm glad I took the eggs from the broody. I went out this morning, and she had bloodied her first to hatchlings, and kicked them out of the nest! I have them in ICU in incubator now. I feel like I'm running a chick hospital here!

Back
Top Bottom