What's wrong with their feathers?

I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting them to be so dark. I was pleasantly surprised. They will be good for the program I think. Can't help with the mating thing, but it sure does seem like they take forever when you're wanting them to. LOL

Don't know about fox/coyotes. All the coyotes I've seen around here look like mangy dogs, I think they're called blue heelers. Since you've already got the two though, I think you could at this point look more to going with an F1 roo or eggs.

Quote:
Thank you Kathy. I still don't know if it was a coyote or a huge fox and I saw the dang thing. Can a coyote be a reddish color with a white tail? The DH and dad say yes if it is young but the face looked like a fox to me.

Guess I go to the predator section and post or google it.

That is so awful!!
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

BAILEY!!!
tongue2.gif
Hows the chick!! You know Im gonna want to come visit now to see this super special chick!!
Wow I cant believe I read all of this...93-94 pages?
caf.gif
But wow very cool glad I finally clicked on the link i saw popping up over & over.
So my questions lies in the breed, now that you all up to 3 generations on these cuddle bugs has it been established that its a mutation vs a random silkie visit to a willing hen? Perhaps if it is a mutation, it would explain the low hatch rate? yes i know factor in the shipping and bator use ect. but it seems everyone has had a lower than normal hatch rate. and thats fine and dandy and all. just an observation from a now very tired chicken momma who is fighting of coons...last check for the night and off to nie nite.
Bailey I want updates on the chick!!
jumpy.gif

Germaine, so sorry for your loss! I think the picture you posted looks like a hen. On my cockrels, the combs are small, but you can still usually see the three rows.

My silkied ameraucana chickens are very slow to mature. I have three hens from January that still aren't laying yet. Last year the two hens were over eight months old before laying. I'm hoping these three will lay soon, but the combs are still not even red yet.

Since no one seems to be having much luck hatching the silkied ameraucana eggs, it looks like I will probably just have to hatch them myself, and ship them out. I will be able to sell and ship some cockrels out this fall, but right now it is too hot.

I am having some luck hatching out the F1's, and I am so relieved that I do not have to help them out of the shells. Just hatched nine little chicks yesterday.

Quote:
Put me on the list for a cockerel!!
big_smile.png

I'm also glad the hybrid vigor is helping out with these. In time we should be able to have silkie feathered birds that hatch normally and thrive. I can't wait!!

Back
Top Bottom