What's wrong with their feathers?

What a great hatch. I hope mine do half as well but they are weeks away. Silkied or not, I am a huge fan of Americaunas and EEs. We need to start our own club for these and there is no reason why they cannot be a breed whether or not they are recognized by the APA. Has Feathersite been contacted yet to let people know they are out there?

Started out with 13 eggs. Here are the first six to hatch. Still waiting on the other five pips.

31282_8-07-10_126.jpg

31282_8-07-10_127.jpg

31282_8-07-10_128.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
The crosses of 'Silkied' Ameraucana birds with smooth feathered Ameraucanas will come out 100% Smooth Feathered. They will be carriers of one copy of recessive hookless.

Some of these crosses, when mated back to their Silkied parent will end up with the necessary two copies of recessive hookless and end up fully silkied.

So good to see it seems like the cross with the pure Ameraucanas has added vigor to these little guys! Congratulations Kathy!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

pop.gif
Waiting to see how the rest of the pips and zips are doing! Can't wait until the silkied Ameraucanas are available to everyone! Keep it going these birds are just beautiful!
thumbsup.gif

woot.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom