What's wrong with their feathers?

Quote:
These aren't crosses. They are pure Ameraucanas that randomly hatched with the genes for silkied plumage. I haven't seen a thread about bantam easter eggers, you should make one!

==========
Do you know if anyone's crossed silkies with bantam eggers? I did a search but can't find an applicable thread.

Thanks!

I have 2 girls that came from a Silkie x Standard EE cross, but I haven't done it with bantams.

Quote:
I am so happy! I have been following along and worrying about this poor guy. Thank goodness he is there and no worse for the long delay.

I am so sorry for everyone who has lost their birds
hugs.gif

So my guy is doing great! I introduced him to his new girlfriend today. He was a perfect gentleman, did plenty of the Rooster Dance, but wasn't obnoxious or rough about it. I can't upload pics right now, but if anyone wants to volunteer their e-mail I'll send it to you and you can post it for me.
wink.png

JustAChickenLittle&More :

Julie they are beautiful. They sure do look like silkie americanas. I have silkies and I'm hatching americanas, I just might try this.
thumbsup.gif

This was a genetic mutation, not a cross between the 2 breeds. Not that you can't cross them, but it will take lots of generations to get anywhere near this if you do it that way.​

Quote:
My guy with his new gal! This is their temporary pen while he's in quarantine away from the rest of the flock. After that they'll be moving into a large dog house fitted with a nest box and roost, with a run...their own private suite.
big_smile.png

ETA: I'm thinking of naming him Journey or Trip or something after all he went through to get here.
lol.png
Any suggestions on names for him and his gal?

Last edited:
I edited and cropped the picture for a closer shot.

Do they eat out of that tray? Ya know, I have tried that before, but the holes are too small for my young adults to reach the feed. I can only use them for chicks. Maybe that is because I have larger breeds?

Hey, I like the name Trip! That sounds cool ! !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom