What's wrong with their feathers?

Congratulations!!!!
wee.gif

I'll be sending good hatching vibes your way!
I've been lurking on this thread since the beginning also but never posted on it. These are the prettiest birds!

Thanks!

I'm so happy to finally be getting the chance to have some of these.

Just checked and they have been recieved, so I hope they make it before the show in Stockton this weekend. I hate to think they may be left on my porch, but if I have the PO hold them I wouldn't get them until monday. Can't have that, so I'm not going to be staying the night at the show.

Quote:
They are called UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply - and you can find them in the computer or home electronics (home theater, etc.) departments. They come in many sizes, so be sure you get one that can handle the power draw from the incubator and have enough juice to power it until you can get the generator going. Bring the power requirements to the store with you and a salesperson should be able to help you figure out what size to get. One nice thing about them is that they usually have a nice loud alarm that can wake you up in the middle of the night should the power go out. Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif

The only thinig mine will tell me is that they left CA last night. Does yours give a better update?

No, same thing. I don't expect them until tomorrow. Apparently they'll only put live cargo on the morning flights so they wouldn't have even left CA until this morning. According to my postmaster the "guaranteed delivery" times don't apply to live cargo. Seems exactly the opposite of how it SHOULD be to me, but that's how they do it.

Agh! More nail-biting with birds in the air!! I still haven't recovered from that first go-around.

Wolftracks, I think AliceFellDown's eggs are past the point where you'll have to intervene in the hatching. The first generation from Julie were really hard to deal with, but mine have hatched by themselves, using my same old method. I would just make sure that your eggs are in the most stable part of your incubator, and pray a lot!! I'm here if you need me!

No, same thing. I don't expect them until tomorrow. Apparently they'll only put live cargo on the morning flights so they wouldn't have even left CA until this morning. According to my postmaster the "guaranteed delivery" times don't apply to live cargo. Seems exactly the opposite of how it SHOULD be to me, but that's how they do it.

My PO said the same thing, they only get in their express shipments in the morning and they don't guarantee timeliness on live things. Sigh. Oh well, I have a small PO and the lady took my name and number so she could make sure they call me as soon as they get there. The problem is I work from 8-3 tomorrow, so unless they're there very early I won't be able to get to them until the afternoon.

Agh! More nail-biting with birds in the air!! I still haven't recovered from that first go-around.

Wolftracks, I think AliceFellDown's eggs are past the point where you'll have to intervene in the hatching. The first generation from Julie were really hard to deal with, but mine have hatched by themselves, using my same old method. I would just make sure that your eggs are in the most stable part of your incubator, and pray a lot!! I'm here if you need me!

Thank you. So dry hatch will work?

So...got my eggs in my new Sportsman!!
yesss.gif
It came just in time to set these eggs, so I'm hoping for a good hatch rate...only have to use my LG's for hatchers so I can keep my lines seperate during hatching so I can band them! I took a peek at a couple of my eggs, looks like something is happening in there (only day 3). I'm hoping I'll be able to make it through this hatch with my mind!!!
lau.gif
I too have spent more money for eggs, but of all the eggs I've hatched, I am most excited about these!!!
ya.gif
Excited to be part of this project!!!

So...got my eggs in my new Sportsman!!
yesss.gif
It came just in time to set these eggs, so I'm hoping for a good hatch rate...only have to use my LG's for hatchers so I can keep my lines seperate during hatching so I can band them! I took a peek at a couple of my eggs, looks like something is happening in there (only day 3). I'm hoping I'll be able to make it through this hatch with my mind!!!
lau.gif
I too have spent more money for eggs, but of all the eggs I've hatched, I am most excited about these!!!
ya.gif
Excited to be part of this project!!!

Yep!

Good luck with yours!

My PO said the same thing, they only get in their express shipments in the morning and they don't guarantee timeliness on live things.  Sigh.  Oh well, I have a small PO and the lady took my name and number so she could make sure they call me as soon as they get there.  The problem is I work from 8-3 tomorrow, so unless they're there very early I won't be able to get to them until the afternoon. 

Kelly you have some really cool projects for sure now! How are your tolbunts doing? I don't know that mine is EVER going to lay. The roo is busy doing his job but she just is not squatting and not laying. Every couple weeks I think she is making some sign...but nothing! Polish take forever.

Back
Top Bottom