What's wrong with their feathers?

Here is my new "Pips n Peeps" Rooster. I got him and 2 pretty Blehm/Shaffer hens today. I also ordered a new candler that is supposed to be able to see through dark eggs, no more blind hatches for me! I was just out staring at wings in the brooder. I've got the Ameracauna chicks in with 5 sizzles. I was amused I was hoping for hard feathers on the silkie looking chicks and silkie feathers on the ameracuanas. The ameracauna wings look like silkie wings right now-very tattered and no hard feathers. I will be holding my breath for the next 5 days or so...
fl.gif

I would defidently love to have some eggs if yall ever had some to spare?
hide.gif
Yall say there are problems hatching, as i do believe that that is somthing that needs to be worked out of the breed. But have any of you tried to hatch these eggs with broody hens? my hatch rates are always better with hens... just a suggestion. good luck with the project :)

I think throughout the project different people have tried EVERYTHING!!! I know I've read throughout the posts that people have tried to hatch under broody's...don't seem to have much different results. I can't complain too much...I had a fairly good hatch, considering they were shipped eggs!

Oh my gosh...look at that face!!
love.gif
Beautiful roo!!! I keep staring at my chicks wing feathers too...anxiously waiting to see what they become!!!
pop.gif

Here is my new "Pips n Peeps" Rooster. I got him and 2 pretty Blehm/Shaffer hens today. I also ordered a new candler that is supposed to be able to see through dark eggs, no more blind hatches for me! I was just out staring at wings in the brooder. I've got the Ameracauna chicks in with 5 sizzles. I was amused I was hoping for hard feathers on the silkie looking chicks and silkie feathers on the ameracuanas. The ameracauna wings look like silkie wings right now-very tattered and no hard feathers. I will be holding my breath for the next 5 days or so...
fl.gif

I will be getting birds soon, (not just eggs,waiting on them to hatch and wearing a hole in the darn floo,r waiting for pips!!) THOSE birds are laying and I have a FANTASTIC broody I will try giving her eggs from my girls...she is so good if anyone can hatch em she can....if that doesnt work I will put every one of them back in the bator....everyone around here laughs at my horror at the mention of EATING any of these eggs!! OMG!! can you just imagine??? I have eggs!! lots of em I don't need to eat those! yikes!

I think throughout the project different people have tried EVERYTHING!!! I know I've read throughout the posts that people have tried to hatch under broody's...don't seem to have much different results. I can't complain too much...I had a fairly good hatch, considering they were shipped eggs!

fl.gif

Nice! Good score on the trio. Praying for some silkied chicks for you
others-301.GIF
Mine are hatching today and I'm a nervous wreck, no pips as of this morning and I already had a few of my other eggs hatch out. They were rocking though so I'm not worried.

We should swap eggs when we can. Here is my Lavender Ameraucana roo that I will be using (from Blehm)

Will post pics of any hatched tonight!

Trish

Ladyfaeden - I just read your siggie...you have 12 month old twins?? My boys are 2 years old!!!!! Another twim mommy and silkie ameracauna mommy...now that's awesome!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom