What's wrong with their feathers?

I just did my eggtopsies. 6 never developed. 1 pipped externally and died. 3 never pipped internally. Some were on the older side when I incubated them so that probably affected the odds.

O gosh, I'm so sorry
sad.png

Well wish me luck! day 21 starts with these eggs tomorrow and I didn't pull any even though the two lines A & B have clears, NOT sure there are ANY viable line A eggs at all...There are some marked in red...some say 9-28 just like that...SURE hope that isn't the date laid!! haahaha...

Hey, still lurking around and watching your project. I see a few PNW people and was wondering if any of you might be going to the swap in OR in May?
fl.gif

Ladyfaedon, I live right across the river from you in Kelso/Carrolls!
thumbsup.gif
Will you be exhibiting at any shows near by?
Are you all building toward show birds that may one day be in the SOP as a variety? I would, as your project goes on, be interested in non-show culls to beautify my mom laying flock. I already have two projects and that is enough. I really like the chick photos.
jumpy.gif

Sorry to hear this!!!

I just did my eggtopsies. 6 never developed. 1 pipped externally and died. 3 never pipped internally. (and 2 hatched and still no signs of hard feathers)

I did my eggtopsies too...I had one pip externally and die...one pipped internally and never pipped externally...all the others looked like late quitters. Yolks were not absorbed and chicks were not in hatching position. 14 made it to lockdown...7 hatched.

I got a pip!!! line B from AFD I got a pip!!
wee.gif
come on chickies!

yesss.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
Lets go chickies, hatch!

LadyFaeden- I am hatching from NicoleRm.

So far I have 6 out of 8 hatched- 3 are splash, 3 are blue. The 2 eggs left are showing no signs of hatching yet. The 4 Lav Ameraucana eggs that went into lockdown with them are also showing no signs of hatching. If nothing has changed by the time I get home tonight I may be tempted to help out.

Billiejo21- How are those babies feathers looking? Are they still looking silkied?

Trish

Back
Top Bottom