What's wrong with their feathers?

Alert - Alert!! My first fluffy post - baby chick photos!

The parents are a splash fluffy rooster and a blue B-line carrier-hen (from alicefelldown with her info copied from PM so I won't mess up the info):
"She is an F1 cross, or a smooth carrier for the hookless gene. Her chicks will be 50% fluffy, and 50% smooth carriers. She is from my B line, so she is about as unrelated as you can get to the fluffy rooster I sent. He is a result from my A line F1 hens mating with the Original Splash Fluffy rooster."

and photos of their first 5 chicks taken this morning (first one is the oldest, ages vary since I hatched every few days). So far they all look regular-feathered to me (carriers). I am toe-punching the left-foot, left-web so we can tell these apart from the future chicks now that we added 2 splash Paul Smith hens to the pen.

and the latest 3 chicks born 2 days ago (can't tell yet if any fluffies, but they sure are CUTE!!)

Last edited:
We are just getting started!! We will be ( I sure hope)quality breeders! We are building nice pens and setting things up to accomodate each breed according to their needs.We will be selecting our breeders as they are growing out (we are doing that now). We will be providing a nice selection of birds, with several breeds available..when and IF I can get my hands on fluffies and carriers (we have one! and more chicks coming) we will be offering eggs and possibly chicks to folks wanting to join the project, in order to get more birds out there.
We will be offering a hatching service to all our customers...has already started since we are hatching some of our farm eggs for someone right now! We have A blue ameraucana roo over EE girls...with a PR or two and and a BR in the mix... Galanie you are really close to us...I would be happy at sometime in the furture to meet you somewhere with eggs or birds depending on what you are looking for or you can come to the farm,we will be able to offer several different breeds this summer. We are also trying to get a swap going for texas so shipping is much closer and in some cases maybe can be picked up.....here is the link where we are all talking about it I don't know but we might need permission from the staff but here is the link anyway
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/631317/texas-auctions-swaps#post_8459002

Well, all but one of my Smith line ameraucanas hatched...looks like all blue and splash...might have to look for some pure black lines to get a darn black ameraucana in this group! All look healthy and are doing good. Still in the bottom of the bator...gonna move my silkied into a bigger brooder and put these in the smaller one. Anybody got know of a good all black line of ameraucanas???

Leaving asap to see if I'm still able to have surgery done on my wrist. They did a horrible job setting it and I have to have a plate used in it now, so hope I can still get it done. Figured I'd better get a pick up of my lone chick. It does have comany in the way of 2 Orp chicks for company. Sure hope this one makes it to be able to use it. I'm hoping it's a roo. I have a blue (BBS) pullet at POL and I want more, so looking. Anyway here's my only hatcher.

Oh My Goodness!!!
Your rooster is gorgeous!!! and those chicks are soooooo adorable!
I'm really looking forward to getting to meet them "in person"!!! Amy :)

Alert - Alert!! My first fluffy post - baby chick photos!

The parents are a splash fluffy rooster and a blue B-line carrier-hen (from alicefelldown with her info copied from PM so I won't mess up the info):
"She is an F1 cross, or a smooth carrier for the hookless gene. Her chicks will be 50% fluffy, and 50% smooth carriers. She is from my B line, so she is about as unrelated as you can get to the fluffy rooster I sent. He is a result from my A line F1 hens mating with the Original Splash Fluffy rooster."

and photos of their first 5 chicks taken this morning (first one is the oldest, ages vary since I hatched every few days). So far they all look regular-feathered to me (carriers). I am toe-punching the left-foot, left-web so we can tell these apart from the future chicks now that we added 2 splash Paul Smith hens to the pen.

and the latest 3 chicks born 2 days ago (can't tell yet if any fluffies, but they sure are CUTE!!)

I decided not to send out hatching eggs due to the post office damaging so many lately, but I have chick boxes ready and will start sending chicks out in April if anyone wants to be on the list for split-fluffy chicks. No guarantee on getting a full-fluffy since I haven't even hatched one myself yet and that was before adding the 2 splash Paul Smith hens. Chicks are $5 each - max 8 per shipment of these, but I have other breeds such as barred rocks from show-lines, also at $5 each to add for warmth to make it 15-20 chicks/box, plus $20 shipping. Please send me a PM along with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for ship-dates (April, May, June only - shipping on Mondays).

Standing like a roo!!
gig.gif
So cute!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that we all hatched a couple roos! Haven't prayed for roos this much in all my hatching!!
big_smile.png

Leaving asap to see if I'm still able to have surgery done on my wrist. They did a horrible job setting it and I have to have a plate used in it now, so hope I can still get it done. Figured I'd better get a pick up of my lone chick. It does have comany in the way of 2 Orp chicks for company. Sure hope this one makes it to be able to use it. I'm hoping it's a roo. I have a blue (BBS) pullet at POL and I want more, so looking. Anyway here's my only hatcher.

Chicks are hathing!!!!
wee.gif
My first group of F3s are pipped (all 5/5 that I put in) and 2 have already zipped! Granted, these girls were exposed to a Cochin roo also right before they started laying, so if I get any feather-footed mutts they'll just join the laying flock. I can hear the cheeping as I type! 3 of these have a shot at being black fluffies, so cross your fingers!!!!
fl.gif

Chicks are hathing!!!!
wee.gif
My first group of F3s are pipped (all 5/5 that I put in) and 2 have already zipped! Granted, these girls were exposed to a Cochin roo also right before they started laying, so if I get any feather-footed mutts they'll just join the laying flock. I can hear the cheeping as I type! 3 of these have a shot at being black fluffies, so cross your fingers!!!!
fl.gif

Go chickies go!
jumpy.gif

Ok, in my excitement I thought all 5 of them pipped, but only 4 actually did...oh well, I'll take it! 3 of them are out and bouncing around the bator! 2 splashes and a blue so far, no feathered feet to speak of.
woot.gif
Just waiting on the 4th one...

Back
Top Bottom