What's wrong with their feathers?

I'm so pleased... they are looking more and more silkied each day. YEA!

I think you are right! But I'll let the more seasoned pro's chime in!!
big_smile.png

I set a very generous dozen eggs from CatKai today (20!
wee.gif
) along with 5 eggs from my Lavender Ameraucanas that just started laying. (I'm going to have to hand turn some of them until Thursday which is when I can move some other eggs to the hatcher). I've got another dozen coming in a week or two so I please send me some good hatching vibes but I should think this will be enough to guarantee a good start to my project.
fl.gif

My one silkied Splash please-be-a-roo seems to be doing well. He was always more vigerous then the blue one.

Soooo very jazzed! I got 4 more absolutely adorable chicks from TinyBirds today - THANK YOU Jenny! 3 splash and 1 blue. I wonder how many of these cutie pies will feather in fluffy! So now my fluffy project chick count is 15... 7 smooth feathered (fluffy carriers), 4 fluffy feathered and 4 TBA :)... most important though, they are all very happy, active and healthy little chicks.

I'm so pleased... they are looking more and more silkied each day. YEA!

Well, we moved our little ones to our brooder out in our barn since the babies weren't quite babies anymore! We'd find them perching on the top of our indoor brooder...so before they were flying around the house, we figured we'd make the transition!!
gig.gif
Excited to get some more eggs in the bator(should be getting some from KellyHM soon!)...it's looking to me like only the little silkied splash chick is a roo...I know it's too early to tell, but everyone else's legs look pretty hen-like....we will see! Glad to hear everyone's babies are doing good!!

I know what you mean about moving them out to the barn... some of mine are really getting big and I think they need more room to spread those wings and do that funny run glide thing they like to do :). Glad to hear that your chicks are doing so well.
I was staring at legs and combs last night for a bit - going back on forth on my guesses... I think I have to be the worst at trying to sex these guys... I'll just have to wait til they crow or lay an egg to be sure!

Well, we moved our little ones to our brooder out in our barn since the babies weren't quite babies anymore! We'd find them perching on the top of our indoor brooder...so before they were flying around the house, we figured we'd make the transition!!
gig.gif
Excited to get some more eggs in the bator(should be getting some from KellyHM soon!)...it's looking to me like only the little silkied splash chick is a roo...I know it's too early to tell, but everyone else's legs look pretty hen-like....we will see! Glad to hear everyone's babies are doing good!!

I have one little slash that I think is a roo. It's almost a month old now. No silkies feathers
hit.gif
Hopefully it IS a roo, but will he even throw the Silkied gene so I'll be able to get them later? I want these so badly.

Last edited:
I have one little slash that I think is a roo. It's almost a month old now. No silkies feathers
hit.gif
Hopefully it IS a roo, but will he even throw the Silkied gene so I'll be able to get them later? I want these so badly.

Sorry! I can send chicks in April if you want to order some. I have a fluffy splash rooster over 1 split-fluffy blue hen, and 2 Paul Smith splash hens. Chicks would be 1/6 chance of a fluffy, and 5/6 split-fluffy. $45 for 10 chicks, plus $15 shipping/box.

Sorry! I can send chicks in April if you want to order some. I have a fluffy splash rooster over 1 split-fluffy blue hen, and 2 Paul Smith splash hens. Chicks would be 1/6 chance of a fluffy, and 5/6 split-fluffy. $45 for 10 chicks, plus $15 shipping/box.

ohhhh and not have to hatch?? I might have to do that. Do you have a waiting list?

Next weeks eggs will be going home with Cyndy along with hopefully a bunch of chicks! My 6 that are almost 3 weeks old are doing great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom