1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's wrong with this egg??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wmillsap, Dec 1, 2015.

1. wmillsap

wmillsap Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2015
    On Tuesday I found a clump of spaghetti looking strings on my hens poop. A member of BYC said it was warms and give them Wazine. I did on Tuesday. Today one of my hens laid this egg. What is on the top of it? It that a worm under the shell? Or just a funny looking egg? Do I need to do something to help them? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wildwestcoast

wildwestcoast Out Of The Brooder

that is strange looking. If you are worried about it don't eat it. It could just be a shell deformity. wait a couple of days and see if the eggs return to normal. when mine lay weird ones usually within a couple of days they start laying normal ones again.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

CT

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    It's just a swirl in the shell as the egg went through production, nothing to worry about.

What is concerning is the worms you saw in their poop. By the time you see worms, they are overloaded. Wazine only kills roundworms, so it will not take care of your birds, you need a more broad spectrum wormer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by