What's wrong with this picture?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
Does anyone have a duck that exhibits this same behavior? Why do they do this? And why isn't Sheba the cat in the background not helping stop this attack?

6612_duck_on_chicken.jpg

I raised my white pekin with my baby chicks and he used to do that all the time when he got old enough!!!!!! I swear he thought he was a chicken for the longest time. He'd grab the chickens right by the neck! I went out and invested in a rooster and a female duck! We had to seperate him and the female duck for awhile and he finally figured it out and quit doing it!
smile.png

John spent a few happy weeks with pullets for company after his friend went out to dinner with a raccoon. Then he realized he was a boy, and they were girls. Despite the fact that he has 5 hen ducks to amuse him, he still goes after the chickens. Mostly the 2 Australorps.

367_badjohn3.jpg

sometimes it works the other way around in some fashion...I have a black runner duck who is infatuated with my white china gander...she is chasing him and circling him and head bobbing at him all day long...he is tolerant of her amorous advances but every once in a while he will just bonk her with his bill and send ehr flying...I do have drakes but love is blind...

That picture made me cringe! A Muscovy drake could cause serious damage to a chicken hen, their back fluff isnt nearly ad dense as a duck hen so his claws could easily tear her up, put she is what, 4lbs? to his 12-15lbs? I say seperate them for her safety.

I don't have a peacemaker cat...everytime my mom comes over she freaks out about any of the ducks mating because the boys get agressive sometimes, lol.

Back
Top Bottom