~*What's Your Chickens "Drug" of choice*~

Quote:
I have been buying 25lb bags of the balck oil sunflower seeds (BOSS) they run around 15 bucks. toss them around the run and its on. They go nuts.

I have done corn on the cob too, but they really love canned corn. I should also add noodles too, spag or ramen. And when in season whole red tomatoes...

My kids love oatmeal in the morning, and quite often they do not finish it, so I mix the leftovers in with some additional oatmeal and hot water, nuke it for a minute or so, and serve.

Haha
big_smile.png
yes I need to try BOSS than lol
tongue.png
I learn something new every day
tongue.png
I love this site and the people here are wonderful and informative!
big_smile.png

Quote:
rofl I use to call my 3 girls freeloaders I know the feeling lol. I only have one free loader now waiting for her to lay her first egg. She just started squatting the other day.. So anyday now lol
tongue.png

So sorry to hear about your roo! I know what you mean about finding a trustworthy chickensitter! If you were closer I would give you as many boys as you would want! I am starting to get too many here! LOL I love the EE's mine were always so friendly. I love the andalusians too! I lost my last splash girl this summer when someone hit her with a car on purpose off the side of the road. Sometimes I hate people!
somad.gif

I call them my feathered freeloaders,, but I have 6 dozen eggs in the fridge right now lol!!
Quote:
rofl I use to call my 3 girls freeloaders I know the feeling lol. I only have one free loader now waiting for her to lay her first egg. She just started squatting the other day.. So anyday now lol
tongue.png

For my chickens it's meal worms.
bow.gif
If they see me walking across the yard with the meal worm container in my hand, they are jumping in the air before I even get the coop unlocked.
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
Then when I get ready to step inside I have to have a hand full ready to toss and DUCK!
fl.gif
They jump up and peck the container in my hand. Sometimes they get a little close to my head. The faster I toss them, the safer I am!
lau.gif

Quote:
Yeah I know... People are cruel.
I want some nice EE's roos for my girls and some more ladies to grow my flock alittle. Ive been told EE's normally dont go broody... *Sigh*... I cant afford a bator.. So I dont know what Im going to do with fertile eggs soo maybe I wont get a roo..
sad.png
darn it.. Lol

My EE is overly broody, she would hatch a cat if I let her sit on it long enough! I don't have any EE roos, but I have a bunch of others, mostly mixed breed except for RIR handsome young man who needs a new place,,, he has a couple of ladies that would go with him. I took a ton of pics today and I'll post them tomorrow to update folks on my babies! If you decide you want a roo of mine we'll make it work.
Quote:
I am in Artesia New Mexico
tongue.png
Which is kinda close but no way to get to you
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom