What's your dumb dog story?

Quote:
crocs as in the shoes? or crocs as in the croc-adiles?

and no...i do not to either.

why? should I?

me,
g

Quote:
I agree...I think I would have just moved!!
lau.gif

Quote:
Dogs and pools...bad combo apparently! lol
I took my English setter along to my Mom's. She walked in the gate, across the deck and right into the pool. It had a solar cover on it and I don't think she had any idea it was water! The look on her face was PRICELESS!!! I had to kick off my shoes and jump in after her since it was a vinyl liner and I knew she'd shred it. I walk in the house and my Mom does a double take..."WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" lol She laughed till she cried.
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
ep.gif
You have a Borzoi?
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
sorry, gives me visions of shopping carts and croc's.

...aha! Now I find the croc reference. It was so random I had to go re-read.

but then again...i enjoy random.

me,
g

My uncle had a Chocolate lab named Bosco who was afraid to go up stairs (or down). An adult lab! I've had dogs that didn't like the open stairs down to the basement but never one that wouldn't do stairs at all. Bosco wouldn't go up them unless it was the one or two steps from the ground up into the house or back down. One time we were all visiting my grandparents at the same time. We were there for probably a week. I spent every spare moment I could working with Bosco to overcome this fear. By the end of the second day he would go up the 4 stairs to the landing in my grandparent's house. Then the stairs took a turn and continued to the second floor. These were carpeted stairs! It took the rest of the week but I got him to go up the rest of the way by the time they headed back to NJ. At home he still wouldn't go up or down stairs but any time my uncle took him to visit my grandparents he went right up!

Quote:
crocs as in the shoes? or crocs as in the croc-adiles?

and no...i do not to either.

why? should I?

me,
g

Oops! I was wondering if Equibling had a croc. (Another funny story)

Last Christmas our doberman puppy was 4 months old and very large. He still to this day seems to think he can go under and through things that he used to when he was tiny. Last Christmas, he was ripping and racing through the house as puppies do. He ran around the kitchen table and into the living room, behind the couch and looped around behind the Christmas tree! His legs got caught in the Christmas lights on the bottom of the tree and he panicked and ran! Well the tree was spinning around and he kept running as the lights unraveled! The ornaments were flying off everywhere as the tree was spinning around! He finally got his legs out and ran over to his crate shaking like a leaf. At that point I was standing there looking around at my once nicely decorated living room and tree....all I could do was laugh!!!

Sigh. Our old dog is intelligent MOST of the time but in one thing he is dumber than a box of rocks. He is trained to go to his kennel when I say "kennel up". He NEVER looks to see if the door is open.(Sometimes where it is located it accidentally gets knocked shut). So he runs face first into the door. At least once, sometimes two or three times.
hmm.png
He has done this since he was four months old.
roll.png
We love him anyway.

My white Chihuahua, Angel is in love with a carved wooden bear on the porch. If I yell at it she gets hysterical.

My half Poodle, Chihuahua Max chased a bear up a tree in Ruidoso, he felt pretty big until the bear realized he ran from a snack and started back down the tree. Max ran screaming for the truck, tripped and rolled under the truck.

Back
Top Bottom