What's your farm work for the day?

Farm work not to bad today, had to feed the horses and chickens and then blanket the horses because we are really cold tonight. Also had to hay the rabbits really heavy and cover them with their cage blankets. Filled all the water for everyone and clean the duck pool. Will feed and hay the horses tonight and the dogs and cats come in because of the cold. Helping DH put in the new kitchen sink, so that's about it
smile.png

Ahh just got back from the delivery
smile.png
things are nice and calm here now. I gave the chickens some scrambled eggs and bacon, and for the first time all the girls ate in peace
big_smile.png
My EE Munk especially. Things are very serene in the backyard right now. My chores were done this morning including feeding and watering chickens, cats and dog. Got tarps strung up in case the sky breaks open with rain, and now I am going to grab some fudge and settle in on the couch and watch a movie. Tonight chores include refilling feed/waterers and locking everybody up for the night.
smile.png
I miss horsey chores though! Don't have a horse anymore.

Open the pop door, feed kitchen scraps outside, feed and water the chickens(both inside),gather the eggs, feed a little BOSS, split a couple of arm loads of wood, sort, wash and package eggs: later, when I close the chickens up, feed a little scratch and collect the last of the eggs, label the day's eggs and store in the refrig. About once every week or so haul 100 lbs of feed to the coop and refill the feed barrel.

Back
Top Bottom