Whats your favorite book?

Quote:
Me too! I love both of 'em!

My dearest lent me One Hundred Years of Solitude when we first met. I will never forget the chills and goosebumps I experienced at the end! It is always the first book that comes to mind when I have to name a favorite.

Quote:
Me too! I love both of 'em!

My dearest lent me One Hundred Years of Solitude when we first met. I will never forget the chills and goosebumps I experienced at the end! It is always the first book that comes to mind when I have to name a favorite.

ETA - This posted twice... I wonder why. Sorry!

Last edited:
Book... as in single. No way I could pick one. I can't even pick one author.

Watership Down is great, we have a copy. Covered it in 6th grade (in W'ford) then again in Honors English 9th (in Arlington)
(On human society also read Animal Farm)

Secret Garden is good, also have a copy.

Twilight is good for it's genre... kinda bugged me to see a first grader reading it though.

Golden Compass & Co made me cry. Good story.

Reading your posts to try and make up my mind... dang...

Love Rice, King, Crighton, Grisham... love Evanovich (Granny Disaster shot him in the gumpy Bwahaha) .... even keep some romance around for junk food... Koontz ... Oh, of course there's WOT, just reread those again since the latest came out... two years to go *sigh*

I love the classics too... Dickens makes me laugh, Bronte, Austen... all fun to read (though some make me ANGRY!)

A book that can get an emotional reaction... Laughter, Tears, Fear, Anger... is a good book.

Speaking of which... Where The Red Fern Grows... *sigh* so sad, but SO good. Same boat as WD.

Of course, if you want disgust and anger try The Jungle ... Upton Sinclair.

Then of course there is Matilda (Roald Dahl) my StepMom gave me a copy in... maybe 6th grade? Loved it, still do, named my dog Matilda/Mattie.
smile.png

Couldn't make up my mind on our second dog so she is Janeyre Austen... Janie for short.

Hmmm... bookworm much?
lol.png
Anywho... I could go on and on... and on... such a fun topic!!

Quote:
I forgot about to kill a mocking bird. that is a really good one too.

Not going to give away the ending but watership down makes me choke up in the end too. However, the author has confimred its not the Black rabbit that visits him.
smile.png
I ran into someone online that personally knows Adams.
smile.png

The death of the hare deamon in the subtle knife(gloden compass books) killed me!

Also tales from watership down is a decent read too. though not nearly as good as the first one.

Back
Top Bottom