What's Your Favorite Breed and Why?

My D'Uccles are the sweetest. They will sit in my lap and fall asleep and are the first ones to the gate because they want to be picked up.

deb g

I love the LF breeds.. i realy like my dark brahmas for looks and LF Chochin for looks and they have really nice personalities.. but the sweetest breed i have are my EE's they may be mutts but they are such people birds..

Pink

I'm pretty fond of the Speckled Sussex. They're smart, forage well, and like to be held and petted. I'll have two on my arm & shoulder, just purring and chattering away. They pretty productive eggs layers as well. And they're handsome red hens to boot.
love.gif

My favorite breed is the Buff Orpington because my aunt had them when I was a child. Also my grandfather bred and showed Buff Orpingtons long before I was born. Maybe it's heredity. I like the way they look, their calm disposition and their nice big brown eggs.

As far as bantams go I love Golden Sebrights - some of my very 1st chickens years ago and still one of my favorites. If I had to pick a standard size it would be the Buff Orpingtons - very gentle, awesome broody hens and great mothers.

Back
Top Bottom