What's your favourite thing about chickens

Watching them wander through the yard-relaxing like watching fish swim in a bowl.

The way roo will find a goodie then cluck to get the hens over-then let them have it!

The crowing---makes a country home no matter where you are!

Watching them spread out to sun bathe!

Eggs!! and everything you can do with the incredible, edible egg.

Scrambled eggs, 3 egg omelet, crepes, custards, egg noodles, hard-bolied egg, egg salad, deviled eggs, green eggs and ham, quiche', over-easy eggs, ......
I feel like the shrimp guy off Forrest Gump.

I think the variety and beauty of the different breeds is fascinating!

I love the way they follow me around and are just so interested in what I'm doing and how excited they get when they first see me.

And I love the soft clucking of my bantam babies(and my standard girls, of course!).

Quote:
some cool pics!!!!! thank you for sharing, awesome
big_smile.png

wee.gif

Quote:
i had to come back and put one of my favorite things in here, we let our chickens free range in the afternoon and i sometimes give them grapes as treats, most of our chickens will come up to me and get them out of my hand! also some of the BR jump up on the back porch when i open the door expecting me to have treats in hand!
D.gif
jumpy.gif

This is my first set of chicks. I loved watching them grow up. From tiny little puff balls, to gangly teens, and now they look like nice sturdy hens.

I also really like watching them free range in the late afternoon. Lately with the warm weather we have been eating dinner on the porch and the girls are busy clucking around in the garden.

I like the fact that they're low-maintenance, high-reward pets. I don't feel guilty if I ignore them. But I enjoy spending time with them when I can. I don't think they miss me if I'm not around--but they certainly act happy to see me when I head toward the coop. It's really the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! I have seen that look!!
gig.gif

I'm not sure that I can pin point my favorite things. I enjoy watching them in the morning with a cup of coffee. I enjoy how I am their favorite person when they think I have come bearing goodies. I don't enjoy the guilt I feel when I come empty handed. I enjoy the beauty and creativity of God in them. I love the fresh eggs as close as my side yard. I enjoy my children learning about life through caring for them. I love that they have brought my family together through the common joy of keeping them with everyone having their things going on whether it be scouts, work, or hobbies we all can agree we love having chickens.
love.gif

My favorite thing so far is watching them walk around the yard with my two ducks and if my little BO hen gets to far away from the flock she will flap her wings and take running after them - she makes me laugh everytime she does this.To us they are more than chickens they are family members that live outside LOL

Julie

I love when they run up to me asking for treats.
It's hilarious when they play "keep away" when one has found a particularly tasty bug.
Their Bok, bok, bok gets to me, too!
smile.png

Oh, and the fresh eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom