Wheat sprout feeder

thumbsup.gif

Very cool!
ON

Quote:
I found them at a store called Daiso. It is a Japanese store chain where everything costs $1.50. (unless it is posted otherwise) They have a lot of plastic ware there. I don't know what they were called as it was all written in Japanese.

Daiso is the Japanese equivalent of our dollar stores. I didn't know they had stores in California, lol.

The perforations on the bottom are PERFECT for sprouting, and the sides have lots of vents for airflow. I'm off to check their online site for these
smile.png

Quote:
Just rinse every 8-12 hours. Excess water should be forced out, with little to no standing water. Check back on te next watering cycle to see if it's wet or dry and adjust accordingly. You can cover it as long as there are plenty of ventilation, but excess moisture can lead to mold so be careful with that. Rinse well each time once the roots take hold.

Quote:
Online, feed store, or even local grocery store in the nutrition center. What you want is hard winter wheat (wheatberries). Sprouted wheat is highly nutritious for humans too, so some people like to mix some in salads, or just cook whole unsprouted berries.

I've fed chickens sprouted wheat at all stages and they can't get enough of them, but growing them out for green foliage is a bonus I think.

Back
Top Bottom