Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

6b9ec9ae-9937-42aa-a45b-946ba9223de6-jpeg.1599504

@Budda's Birds

this pullets is correct in all the aspect .
body colour is perfect .she still a pullet . all the colour require by the SOP are there .
darker radish hackle .is there
wheaten{colour of grain of wheat} is there .
Cream ,clean chest is there
cream Ears tufts is there
nice pinkish leg .correct .need more feathering but is not a major thing .your cockerel has plenty .

she is really pretty and correct .

do you still have her Sire ?

if you hen managed to throw some thing so pretty like this .than you need to squeeze last egg from them .even few extra chicks from is better than nothing .

chooks man

d3d5c0bc-e3bd-428c-baaf-bbb1d8f1dced-jpeg.1589064

453666f1-6b6e-4dad-8dc8-251537fbae56-jpeg.1599502

@Budda's Birds

here what I think .comparing the G Sire and G son .
Body type = progress .cockerel has a correct body type ,deeper chest ,longer flat back
Body Colour - Equal , but still too early for a cockerel to colour to tell .
Tail = Regress . G Sire has a better angled tail . cockerel seem too high .
Head = Equal
Comb =Regress ,the G Sire has a better comb ,straight with a correct point . cockerel has a twisted comb at the front .

for me I always go for a body type and a body colour of the cockerel/Rooster. body type you ve done well .
body colour we have to wait tell the cockerel is mature enough to be fair .

the body colour of the G Sire is sublime .100% correct .
I see why the G Daughter is well coloured .in the gene. do not lose that body colour .very hard to find a well colour wheaten ,most of them out there are dark ,

BRAVO

chooks man

d4788089-18f6-4a77-ae4f-3adc5732b625-jpeg.1572100

@Budda's Birds

Clear pullet {on the right} has a better body type .better colour type and better mass
Darker chest pullet has a better feathers type her feather are better quality true marans.free from any fluff . tight to the body .

both are high quality breeders in my book . very rare to get a complete bird .
the darker pullet her chest will come lighter with time .I do not classify her as a dark stock . she still has a the 3 required colour contrast , dark hackle . wheat back abd wings ,lighter body .plus she has a quality plumage .

chooks man

6b9ec9ae-9937-42aa-a45b-946ba9223de6-jpeg.1599504

@Budda's Birds

this pullets is correct in all the aspect .
body colour is perfect .she still a pullet . all the colour require by the SOP are there .
darker radish hackle .is there
wheaten{colour of grain of wheat} is there .
Cream ,clean chest is there
cream Ears tufts is there
nice pinkish leg .correct .need more feathering but is not a major thing .your cockerel has plenty .

she is really pretty and correct .

do you still have her Sire ?

if you hen managed to throw some thing so pretty like this .than you need to squeeze last egg from them .even few extra chicks from is better than nothing .

chooks man

Unfortunately I lost the cock that sired these birds last summer.

She is now almost seven months old. My least favorite thing about her right now is her comb its almost to large but fortunately it does not flop over.

d3d5c0bc-e3bd-428c-baaf-bbb1d8f1dced-jpeg.1589064

453666f1-6b6e-4dad-8dc8-251537fbae56-jpeg.1599502

@Budda's Birds

here what I think .comparing the G Sire and G son .
Body type = progress .cockerel has a correct body type ,deeper chest ,longer flat back
Body Colour - Equal , but still too early for a cockerel to colour to tell .
Tail = Regress . G Sire has a better angled tail . cockerel seem too high .
Head = Equal
Comb =Regress ,the G Sire has a better comb ,straight with a correct point . cockerel has a twisted comb at the front .

for me I always go for a body type and a body colour of the cockerel/Rooster. body type you ve done well .
body colour we have to wait tell the cockerel is mature enough to be fair .

the body colour of the G Sire is sublime .100% correct .
I see why the G Daughter is well coloured .in the gene. do not lose that body colour .very hard to find a well colour wheaten ,most of them out there are dark ,

BRAVO

chooks man

Thanks so much for the high compliments, It means a lot coming from someone who clearly knows their stuff. His color is good but I do think I will see parasitic white pop up on him. I do agree the Cockerel’s tail is high and has gotten a bit higher since I took the picture of him. He also seems like he might end up on the smaller side but well formed.

d4788089-18f6-4a77-ae4f-3adc5732b625-jpeg.1572100

@Budda's Birds

Clear pullet {on the right} has a better body type .better colour type and better mass
Darker chest pullet has a better feathers type her feather are better quality true marans.free from any fluff . tight to the body .

both are high quality breeders in my book . very rare to get a complete bird .
the darker pullet her chest will come lighter with time .I do not classify her as a dark stock . she still has a the 3 required colour contrast , dark hackle . wheat back abd wings ,lighter body .plus she has a quality plumage .

chooks man

Thanks again on the compliments on the girls I have worked pretty hard to get them where they are but I still have a ways to go till I get to my desired birds.

be61f743-c8de-4480-bec3-06dab69dd14c-jpeg.1599517

@Budda's Birds

love this hen ,how old is she . I think she is a cockerel mother? she have a same flat long back .great tail

Chooks man

I believe she was hatched in 2014. I didn’t kept good records when I started so 2019 is like a restart for me and my flock.

I do think she may be the mother of the cockerel. I think she may also be the mother of the pullet with the really clean chest. Right now I have this hen and a few of my other older hens with my cockerel but seeing that im currently in the dead of winter I wont get any eggs from them till the end of February since I don’t use suplemental lights for the birds.

I do plan on hatching eggs from the pullets once their eggs are close to full sized hopefully that will be by the end of this month.

I believe she was hatched in 2014. I didn’t kept good records when I started so 2019 is like a restart for me and my flock.

I do think she may be the mother of the cockerel. I think she may also be the mother of the pullet with the really clean chest. Right now I have this hen and a few of my other older hens with my cockerel but seeing that im currently in the dead of winter I wont get any eggs from them till the end of February since I don’t use suplemental lights for the birds.

I do plan on hatching eggs from the pullets once their eggs are close to full sized hopefully that will be by the end of this month.

if you want your hens to lay in the winter here how you do it without having to add light to they house .
I give mine a worm food in the winter time .worm much .
I mix the breeders pallet feed with a worm water and milk add some boiled eggs too some garlic.
I give them this worm much in the morning .
in the evening 2 hours before they roost I give then 20g of sun flower seed by hen . flower seed keep them worm and make the feathers oily .
mine they lay well during the winter .

chooks man

if you want your hens to lay in the winter here how you do it without having to add light to they house .
I give mine a worm food in the winter time .worm much .
I mix the breeders pallet feed with a worm water and milk add some boiled eggs too some garlic.
I give them this worm much in the morning .
in the evening 2 hours before they roost I give then 20g of sun flower seed by hen . flower seed keep them worm and make the feathers oily .
mine they lay well during the winter .

chooks man
Do you feed whole sunflower seeds or shelled sunflower seed.

Back
Top Bottom