Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
Quote:
Kim, It is just something for that color of male that is not allowed by any groups such as French Marans Club and the APA. Do not know for sure but I believe the club writing the Proposed Standard could make it acceptable to have the cottonball.

I know that some of the Gamey breed allow for it by saying it is an extension of the undercolor and the tight feathered birds will not cover this area. I have no pull with anyone so will not ask for it to be included or accepted, will just try and breed to what is eventually accepted by the APA. Don

Quote:
I had two without the cotton this year but culled them because of other major faults. Wheaten Marans will take dedicated breeders just like the BC to ever be presentable . Don

Thank you! I understand much more now.
smile.png

Quote:
It is very unlikely that the APA will allow fluff at the base of the tail without it being a fault. We rejected that proposal from the Dutch Bantam Club, so I can't imagine it flying with the Marans.
The white in the wing feathers can be a cut or DQ depending on how the Standard for the wheaten is written for the qualifying meet.

Walt Leonard
Chair of the APA SOP Committee.

Quote:
It is very unlikely that the APA will allow fluff at the base of the tail without it being a fault. We rejected that proposal from the Dutch Bantam Club, so I can't imagine it flying with the Marans.
The white in the wing feathers can be a cut or DQ depending on how the Standard for the wheaten is written for the qualifying meet.

Walt Leonard
Chair of the APA SOP Committee.

Walt, If the white wing and tail feathers are not covered by sponsering club then it would revert back to the sop from my way of thinking.

Do you have any knowledge with breeding the wheaten pattern in any of the other APA breeds ? I am thinking that I should breed a wheaten male with darker undercolor to help get rid of the cotton. Thanks for any advice on this. Don

Hi All,

I'm new to Marans and a bit confused when it comes to Wheaten's. I notice the second rooster in #2 appears to be blue .. is he a blue Marans?
In #9 Illia mentions Blue Wheaten's ... is there more than one type of Wheaten?
If so will someone post pictures of typical Wheaten Marans?

Thanks,
Joe

Is white tail fluff a flat out DQ?
I cant understand the French web site clearly shows it Belgium shows it Australia to I think and yes I to would like to see some with out some fluff and id love to see more than one please ,and if we cant find a live one a picture of birds in the past ,,, but still wonder why the big clubs post fluff ?
this guy is starting to show some to
20346_6868957887.jpg

Quote:

Quote:
Wheatens can come it both normal "wheaten" and Blue Wheaten. My cockerel is a blue Wheaten. Blue Marans are a solid blue
wink.png

Blue Wheatens are just the same as, say, blue partridge, blue duckwing, blue cuckoo, etc. It is an allele that can be introduced into any color.

Back
Top Bottom