Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
i am not saying that this is the case but some might look at the white fluff of little feathers on hens ear lobes and think its a dq but its not as long as the lobes are red its ok .... point is ear lobes should to be red ..... white would be a problem and should be culled i think
Quote:
My girls have white ear lobes, and my roo has red.

I might have been looking at the feathers. When they come home this evening, Ill grab one and see if I can see what color the lobes are; I might have been wrong.

at first glance they look white , but has litle white feathers that form a dot but lobes are red
20346_mvc00041.jpg

thats what i thoughthalo but i dont try to tell someone what they seee with there eyes ,,, when i first started with wheatens i thought the same thing and wondered why they had white ear lobes ,
someone pointed out i was looking at the ear fluff or white dotte and not at the red lobe near it , easy mistake . i made it my self some time ago
red is the way we want it

Quote:
Yep....dats dem.

Last edited:
Interesting, someone complained this thread doesn't have enough photos, but in all irony it is titled as a "Discussion Thread."

But, to appease, I have some photos of my Blue Wheaten more recently. . . (although not the best. I blame our absolute lack of good sunlight) He has red earlobes, all my pullets have red earlobes. And, although the photos seem deceiving. . . He DOES have white fluff at the base of his tail, it's just very well hidden. I'll be very honest - I have Wheatens with white fluff. No denying here.
smile.png

5314264905_3cec63f17a_z.jpg

5314263963_74dc2db5ca_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom