Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

always with the jokes don and why didnt u place your bet a few days ago when the chick was chicky-er lol now i am just swingin like a drunk in the bar lol and i dont know no
now
im still saying hen or off color roo i always notice a round shape to the wings indacates hens and i think i see in last picture some crean unbderside any way ,,,,if it is a roo this is what i think it will be here is 2 roos same age and one light one and a darker (normal) who knows and i culled the lighter colored roo when it grew up more , i have not got a funny color one like that again
20346_roo_light_and_dark.jpg

Quote:
This is another one of them if it lays an egg be very careful if you eat. male

I'm new to blue marans, the person I got the eggs from said they could be either bcm or bm she has 1 of each roo's. And the hens are bcm , is there a way to tell sex at 1-3 days like feather or color ? So far looks like I got 4 blue gray color and one that looks brownish gray if it was whea ton wouldn't it be light cream or white.? Also had one that had black head and gray body it was cool looking , but culled it because it couldn't stand up it laid on it's back for two days , I couldent take it any longer I opened the bator this morning and moved some to brooder and ended the misery of the black and gray chick would that have been.a splash ? I will post pictures in a few min. Ok found another one that makes better sence got one BCM he was hard to find because I had BSL and Austerlope chicks that hatched with the Marans LOL but found this one with feathers on the shanks. The brownish is a RIR chick.
55375_101_2999.jpg

55375_101_2997.jpg

55375_101_2994.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
This is another one of them if it lays an egg be very careful if you eat. male

Hey Randy my friend, I was going to let you hang all by yourself until you ask me to comment.

Quote:
Have to say I do not like a breeding program where these came. Lady should fo put some of the female with each male then you would of had an idea of what you had. The only thing you can say for sure is all the blue chicks are from the Blue male and no way of knowing on the black chicks. I never try and sex my chicks until they are at least 4 weeks old. Should be no wheaten in this mating of chicks.

Well, this little "boy" was about to go to "his" new home and something came up SO... I took a few more pictures. This darn bird seems to change daily. Maybe it's a "she male"
gig.gif

81805_maranface5_21.jpg

81805_maranfrontlook5_21.jpg

81805_maranside5_21.jpg

This mystery chick is going to put me in the crazy house..

Back
Top Bottom