Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I bought them from April Miley, Twin Spurs ranch, they are Bev Davis lines. Here is a better pic of the cockerel, he does have feathered shanks. Everyone is still in quarantine so not the best pics. Not sure about egg color as the pullet hasn't started laying yet. Can't wait for that first egg! Thanks for all the commnents, I'm really liking them.

5840_cock2.jpg

Cindy

Yay!!! I got my first two wheaten marans eggs!!! ( Well, I got one of them ... the 2nd one got broken before I could get it-Mama Hen laid it on a ledge ... gonna have to work on that) ANYHOW VERY EXCITED! Yay!! They are almost 9 months old and I was beginning to think they may just wait until spring. Such cute little pullet eggs!

PS-Randy, I re-homed most of the badly colored hens last week. My dear MIL needed some layers and doesn't care about breed, etc, so it worked out great. She took the roo too, since she said he was such a good crower ...lol .... anyhow, when I get a good roo, there are still a few more I will have to re-home but right now I'm hoping they will provide us with some yummy eating eggs ... been having to buy store eggs for a while since no one was really laying so we are ready for some yummy nice yard eggs again!
smile.png
wink.png
Thank you so much for all of the help and advice you have given me, I hope that you will continue because I want my chickens to look just like yours when they grow up
wink.png
smile.png

Quote:
i wish you were closer to me i have 3 or 4 roosters to rehome and they are nice looking i have to pick one or two for breeding . next week i will post lots of pictures because i have time off . i hope to het a deer out of the back yard also.lol it will b my second riffle kill ( ive takin pleanty with a bow ) but anyway i plan to post alot of pictures .

That's so funny ... I was just thinking this morning as I cleaned up the coop that I wish you were closer so you could look at these hens ... oh well ... I'm thankful for the long distance help!
smile.png

I would gladly take one of those roosters off of your hands for you if you weren't so many states away!
wink.png
Can't believe you sold a trio for $25.00. Birds like the ones you've posted pics of would go for a good bit more than that down here. A nice pure bred trio could bring 45-60.00 during prime season easily, sometimes more. (Granted that would usually be early spring though). I know because we've tried to buy them before ... lol ... but not the wheatens... I don't guess that they have really taken on down here. I still have not come across anyone with any nice ones.

Quote:
yes i missed meeting the nice people that got the 3 birds .lol i have to laugh . im fifty years old and my younger sister and 85 year old dad said i should of been there because the girls that bought
the birds were very very cute .lol my dad called me a dumby lol. darn it all
im never in the right place at the right time..

Quote:
yes dad and sister said they were very nice people . amd i think they were happy . .the birds were very close to POL and with my flock of wheaten marans take 7+ months no matter what time of year from egg to egg its 30 weeks.
next week i have alot of time off so i will be posting alot of pictures
just for fun
like ive said many times iv only had marans 4 or 5 years so my thoughts and advice i offer is not from many many years of experance woth many adult birds
i keep my numbers low . 15 or 20 most of the time
i have hatched around 300 or so . its all for fun. ans i learn new stuff every day

Back
Top Bottom