Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I was always told not to mix a black copper with the wheaton that's why but robbers in wheaton forever so messed up to this day some people can't tell the difference between a black copper rooster and a wheaten marans rooster . this is ciniminn wing triangle is a good indication that its wheaten. a bcm + wh cross is fine if your just haveing fun .but i wouldnt recomend . I've never done it but I think the hens wpuld be the most messed up

thanks randy, well, i have five chicks hatched out from a blue wheaten hen and a bcm roo, whatever hens there are will be just egg chickens, roo's will either be given away or eaten, i had to put everybody in together for winter, in the spring will have them separated, have pure blue wheaten eggs in the incubator right now, just got them, hoping they're fertile since they had to be shipped, the postoffice isn't always kind to me but i had to try, have the beautiful bwm but her male, theres something wrong with him, thought his legs had gone out from him, but altho he does walk don't think he will ever breed
hu.gif

One of my cockerels is developing MUCH faster than any of the others. 10 weeks old. You can see the normal guy in the corner. That is what all the other cockerels look like. Then boom!! This one has a huge comb and enormous wattles. Is this normal or is something weird going on??

Thank you!!

I was waiting for the juvi molt to pick out Cockerels to keep. However, 1 has a chance at a good home with a flock of layers. Can I safely eliminate 1 on the basis of combs at 10 weeks?? How many points is best?? Personally I think the testosterone boy has a funky comb.....any one have any words of wisdom?? I did read the wheaten SOP, but still am lost.

One of my cockerels is developing MUCH faster than any of the others. 10 weeks old. You can see the normal guy in the corner. That is what all the other cockerels look like. Then boom!! This one has a huge comb and enormous wattles. Is this normal or is something weird going on??

Neither one of these guys looks like a Marans, or a Wheaten Marans. Do you have full body pics? What color are their legs? Any shank/toe feathering?? Both of these guys, especially the one on the right, have too much copper/red coloring, and yellow faces and beaks? More pics would be needed to tell any more, but in my humble opinion, they look like mixes.
idunno.gif

Hey guys has been quiet on this thread for awhile.... hopefully I can get new pictures of my birds this weekend.

I'd love to see some updated pictures of your birds, I remember them being very nice.

My one Wheaten Marans girl has been laying for almost a month now, she's giving me beautiful dark brown eggs like the one in the top left corner of this picture.

IMG_6015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom