Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Upload pictures right from your own personal computer, you dont need an url anymore.

thanks for trying to help I have pictures on my cellphone /smartphone so when I click on the little icon it ask for url .i havent a clue. I have a picture stored on b y c and when I click on the picture it asks me to copy the u r l and then wanna go to the little icon and click on the picture icon it says paste url so I just don't know

thanks for trying to help I have pictures on my cellphone /smartphone so when I click on the little icon it ask for url .i havent a clue. I have a picture stored on b y c and when I click on the picture it asks me to copy the u r l and then wanna go to the little icon and click on the picture icon it says paste url so I just don't know

I tried many times to post pictures and it doesn't work it keeps saying in proper u r l I give up I can post on facebook I can post on youtube whats up byc ??????????

Can you post a link to your facebook stuff?? or a facebook name and we can look at your pics there??

Hi all... I'm new here. I have the chance to get chicks directly from Bev Davis in 3 weeks. She offered me her Wheaten line or Copper Blue line. I'm pretty conflicted. But I think this thread is helping push me towards the Wheatens. They are such good looking birds. Also you all seem to be rather civilized (although I haven't made it through the whole thread yet ;) ) I am brand new to chicken keeping and feel like I won the lottery with this opportunity. Hopefully you guys will be ok with my questions and can offer sound information and advice. :)

I'd go with the Wheatens for sure!
thumbsup.gif

I think it depends on what you want to do. If you are just looking for a pretty flock of hens for laying, a group of wheaten hens is hard to beat. I think it's hard sometimes to get the roosters right. I have trouble with the genes in my wheatens, getting the roosters with enough black in the breast and lower body. But I think Bev's got hers dialed in.

I think Blue Coppers probably have darker eggs in most cases, but it depends on the individual hen. I also think wheatens may tend to take longer to hit POL in many cases. My BC's start a good month or two before the wheatens.

Either way, I think you'll find the right folks on BYC, and you can always PM someone you trust no matter what thread they tend to frequent. I love BYC, I just don't have as much laptop time as I used to. This thread is the only one I actually subscribe to.

Let us know what you decide!

Back
Top Bottom