Wheaten Crele Orpington Project, Reboot

Pics
Goober killed Wellie sometime early this morning, or sometime last night yesterday after we left. So, I'm gonna have to get a new Welsummer. They did get in a fight yesterday, & Dino was splitting it up. They didn't fight for awhile after that, but must've started up again when we left.

RIP, Wellie.
20201207_140905.jpg

My grandpa was a butt head yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to get my update pictures. I'm not sure if I will be able to get the pictures today, or not since it is now storming out, & is supposed to all day.

I may add Heritage Rock to the project Orps alittle sooner, like next spring, but that depends. I'll be only using the pullets produced out of the Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock X Buff Orpington mixes, & only the ones with white skin, if I get any. Reason for only females, is I have too many boys in that coop at the moment. 3 Roosters are enough, but will be adding the Mystery Boy, for some test breeding before deciding to cull.

At least doing this will give me Square, deep chested, wide, loose feathers, better tail shape/angle, large head, better Barring, & comb correction.

Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock cockerel, he'll be breeding the Orpington hens.
20210404_090908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom