Wheel upgrades for eglu cube.

luisrosa411

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2022
Hi I have an Eglu Cube Mk2 with wheels. My issue is that my back yard is uneven and has soft soil, so the existing wheels will tend to sink in, as well, the lift when deployed is sometimes not enough to get over some of the lumps in the terrain.

I'd like to upgrade the wheels to be both taller - to get over the lumps. And wider, to work on softer soil. Anyone know the dimensions of the max wheel size that will fit?

I'm looking at these two options.

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-x-2-1-2-half-inch-solid-rubber-tire-35459.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-worry-free-tire-96691.html

Thanks in advance.

Here you go.
cube wheels.JPG

Looks like replacing wheels would be possible, as long as the axle is the same size as the new wheels...and there's clearance in the up position to accommodate a larger diameter.
What's the existing diameter?

Looks like replacing wheels would be possible, as long as the axle is the same size as the new wheels...and there's clearance in the up position to accommodate a larger diameter.
What's the existing diameter?
Current diameter is about 8" Looking to do 10" Big problem is making sure the length of the axle needs to accommodate the wider tire. Guess i'll go into the run and find out.

And looks like it's sitting right on the ground in the up position, with no more lift left.
Hi, the levers pivot, so that when the levers are pushed down, it lifts the entire structure. Normally, that's good. But on steeper inclines, it would help to get a few more inches higher.

Hi, the levers pivot, so that when the levers are pushed down, it lifts the entire structure. Normally, that's good. But on steeper inclines, it would help to get a few more inches higher.
Yes, I understand that, but it looks like the wheels are on the ground with no more room to lift the handle of the lever, thus the larger wheels might not fit.

Did you ever try replacing your wheels? I'm looking to do the same for mine. I have a gravel driveway and an uneven yard I was hoping to move around. I had a very difficult time moving the whole set up out of my garage because of my gravel driveway.

Back
Top Bottom