Wheezing cockerel unable to mate

Smileybans

Crowing
Nov 13, 2020
Upstate New York
My 6 month old EE cockerel, Fuzzy, has been wheezing since January. In December all my flock had some CRD, I think, go through it. The silkies started out sneezing then everyone else got it. Then coughing. Fuzzy is the only one who wheezes though. Everyone else has stopped sneezing and coughing. His wheezing has gotten so bad he has had to stop while mating. He lets go of the hens necks to sit with his mouth open. They won’t let him mate anymore because of it.

So I looked on the internet for a solution and tylan 200 is what I found. It was also recommended by a justanswers vet. Probably should have asked here before buying. But the dosing is not something I can nail down. Can someone help that? I know, now, the tylan 50 is the better and more popular solution. Next time I’ll get the right stuff.

You can give Tylan 200 orally 1/4ml twice a day for no more than 5 days.
I don’t need to weigh to him and give it by weight? I had done more digging on here after I posted and found one post about weighing the chicken and giving it by weight. I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

image.jpg

the needle is removable. I planned on taking it off. Just hadn’t for the picture

Back
Top Bottom