Wheezing duck with runny nose.

NicoleWinkels

Chirping
Oct 20, 2018
Southwest Ontario, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
My 12 week old indian runner started sounding wheezy yesterday and shes been having a runny nose today. I brought her inside and her nares are clear. She almost sounds like my kids when they have the croup. I let her have a good bath and get dried off, and I gave her some acv in water. Anything else i should do?
Poop-normal
Eyes-normal
Feet-normal
Feathers-normal

My 12 week old indian runner started sounding wheezy yesterday and shes been having a runny nose today. I brought her inside and her nares are clear. She almost sounds like my kids when they have the croup. I let her have a good bath and get dried off, and I gave her some acv in water. Anything else i should do?
Poop-normal
Eyes-normal
Feet-normal
Feathers-normal
Is a vet an option?

Poop-normal
Eyes-normal
Feet-normal
Feathers-normal
Some Vitamin C powder over meal-worm always helps to fight the common cold, works even with us humans - but without the meal-worms, of course!
3 Months old runners in the Ontario Winter? I hope you keep'em warm and dry? At three months mine were not fully feathered and i lost one during a cold snap.

Some Vitamin C powder over meal-worm always helps to fight the common cold, works even with us humans - but without the meal-worms, of course!
3 Months old runners in the Ontario Winter? I hope you keep'em warm and dry? At three months mine were not fully feathered and i lost one during a cold snap.

Thanks I will try that! Were in the southernmost part of Canada so we dont get the snow that most of the province gets. They got their adult feathers a couple weeks ago and i have a nice warm coop for them :)

Intere
Thanks I will try that! Were in the southernmost part of Canada so we dont get the snow that most of the province gets. They got their adult feathers a couple weeks ago and i have a nice warm coop for them :)
Interesting! One of my fellow project managers who lives close to Toronto once told me that he had to dig his house out of the snow and that the city of Toronto is dumping truck-loads of snow every winter into the St. Lorence river.
One other thing: Even if you bought all your ducklings at the same day, one of them might be smaller than the others. At three months we had five normal and one significantly smaller duck (Fieps). Fieps was always running behind its larger siblings using too much energy to keep up with them so when we had two cold nights in late August, around 13-14°C, it was to much. Just have an eye on them and protect them from wind. At this age they have grown some of their adult feathers, but still have duckling downs below.

Back
Top Bottom